NAMA Recognizes Butterball, LLC for Agricultural Communications
Turkey producer awarded for community, internal and public relations campaigns.
- Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC (1888PressRelease) January 27, 2012 - Butterball, LLC and its corporate communications agency of record, Howard, Merrell & Partners, were presented four awards by the National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA) Carolinas/Virginia chapter during the annual Best of NAMA awards banquet held on Tues., Jan. 24 at Mez Contemporary Mexican restaurant in Durham, N.C.
"Butterball is truly honored to be recognized by such an influential group of industry professionals for our commitment to supporting agricultural awareness," said Rod Brenneman, president and chief executive officer of Butterball, LLC. "These awards help to showcase our communication programs designed to provide valuable and accurate information about North Carolina local farming and the agricultural industry to communities both locally and nationally."
Butterball received the following awards, recognizing the company's effective agricultural communications through community, internal and public relations campaigns:
• Chapter First and Regional First - 2011 "Turkey Tales" bilingual internal newsletter, which works to communicate corporate news and information, while also boosting workplace morale among Butterball's nearly 4,000 associates.
• Chapter First and Regional Merit - 2010 "Celebrate Agriculture" public relations campaign, through which Butterball partnered with Weekly Reader to demonstrate how responsible agricultural practices lead to healthy animals and safe, high-quality food for consumers. Targeting consumer classrooms and agricultural-based communities in Butterball's production facility locations, communication efforts reached an audience of more than 173 million.
• Chapter and Regional Merit - 2010 press release announcing the company's charitable donation of 330,000 pounds of turkey products, communicating Butterball's commitment to fighting hunger by providing wholesome turkey products to those in need.
• Chapter Merit - 2010 Millionth Bird events held at Butterball's two Arkansas whole-bird processing facilities in celebration of the millionth fresh bird produced during the 2010 holiday season.
NAMA is the nation's largest association for professionals in marketing and agribusiness.
Campaigns receiving Regional First or Regional Merit may be eligible for national award consideration, which will be presented on April 18 at the Hyatt Regency in Kansas City, Mo.
About Butterball, LLC:
Butterball, LLC offers consumers opportunities to celebrate traditional holidays and every day meal occasions with the Butterball branded line of products. As the most recognized name in turkey, the brand represents more than 50 years of cherished memories with consumers by providing quality, great tasting products that make meals something to celebrate every day.
As an industry leader in quality and food safety, the company employs numerous processes to ensure the health of flocks and implements recognized prevention measures to exceed food safety standards in its five plants, located in North Carolina, Arkansas and Missouri. In addition, Butterball has surpassed important workplace safety and health benchmarks set forth by OSHA's Voluntary Production Program.
Headquartered in Garner, N.C., Butterball is the largest producer of turkey products in the U.S. - producing 1 billion pounds of turkey each year. The company's retail and foodservice products are distributed throughout the U.S. and in more than 50 countries
For more information about Butterball, visit www.Butterball.com or call 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372) for answers to your turkey preparation questions.