MUMC Recognized Nationally for Supply Expense Performance
Memorial University Medical Center (MUMC) in Savannah, Georgia, has won Premier Healthcare Alliance's Fifth Annual Supply Chain Excellence Award.
- Savannah, GA (1888PressRelease) June 16, 2011 - Memorial University Medical Center (MUMC) in Savannah, Georgia, is a winner of the Premier Healthcare Alliance's Fifth Annual Supply Chain Excellence Award. Of Premier's 2,500 members, only 26 received the award for superior supply expense performance.
"We strive every day to provide world-class care that is efficient and cost effective. We know that good business practices ultimately benefit our patients. It's an honor to be recognized for responsible resource utilization," said Margaret "Maggie" Gill, MBA, Memorial Health president and CEO.
Supply expense performance is measured by Premier's SupplyFocus®, the industry's largest comparative database of operational and supply chain cost information for acute-care hospitals. Winners were identified using four industry standard supply-expense ratios:
1. Supply expense as a percent of total operating expense
2. Supply expense as a percent of net patient revenue
3. Supply expense per adjusted patient day
4. Supply expense per adjusted discharge
The database also takes hospital size and the complexity of the cases into account, to ensure that organizations are compared fairly. To be eligible, each organization had to submit four quarters of 2010 data to SupplyFocus.
The Premier healthcare alliance is more than 2,500 U.S. hospitals and 75,000-plus other healthcare sites working together to improve healthcare quality and affordability.
Memorial University Medical Center is a two-state healthcare organization serving a 35-county area in southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. The system includes its flagship hospital, a 530-bed academic medical center; Memorial primary and specialty physician networks; a major medical education program; business and industry services; and NurseOne, a 24-hour call center. To learn more, visit www.memorialhealth.com. You can follow us at facebook.com/memorialhealth, twitter.com/mymemorial, and youtube.com/memorialhealth.