Monterey County Business Council to Hold Green Building Expo at the Monterey Conference Center
Save the date: On November 9th, 2011, the Monterey County Business Council will hold the Green Building Expo. The Green Expo will provide attendees with the basic understanding of rebates available in the areas of Water Conservation, Energy Efficiency and Air Quality, as well as a basic understanding of new building codes.
- Salinas, CA (1888PressRelease) September 12, 2011 - On November 9th, 2011, the Monterey County Business Council will hold the Green Building Expo at the Monterey Conference Center. The vendor exhibit will take place from 3 p.m.- 7 p.m., and set up is from 12 p.m.-2:30 p.m. Save the date to attend the Green Building Expo, or if you would like to participate and reserve a booth for cost is $200, or if it is for a non-profit organization $125. Space is limited so if you are interested in a booth please contact the Monterey County Business Council at 831-582-3237 or email sharrison ( @ ) mcbc dot biz dot
The Green Expo will provide attendees with the basic understanding of rebates available in the areas of Water Conservation, Energy Efficiency and Air Quality, as well as a basic understanding of new building codes. Discussion will also include information as to what our area has to offer in sustainable products and services and how energy efficiency and water conservation can save you money.
In addition, there will be a canned food drive leading up to event. All canned foods received prior to event will be used to create a large sculpture that will be on display at the event. All food will then be donated to the Monterey County Food Bank. AIA and NARI members will work together to create design and build structure.
Background on Monterey County Business Council:
Monterey County Business Council is an alliance of business executives and professionals providing collaborative leadership to help people from business, government, education, and the community work together on countywide issues reflecting our organization's strong commitment to the environment, economic vitality, and quality of life.
A membership only organization, the Monterey County Business Council is a 501(c)(6), comprised of professionals from business, government, and education working together on countywide issues. Founded in 1995, the non-profit corporation seeks to promote the concept of private-public partnerships by bringing business experience and techniques to the public arena.
Monterey County Business Council focuses on three key areas of vitality as we move forward in the 21st Century:
• Business Advocacy
• Economic Development
• Workforce Development
• Monterey County Business Council Objectives
• Create greater alignment among the activities of business, government, education, media, health and foundation/community based efforts
• Build coalitions around key community issues
• Develop strategies that support the development of jobs & business opportunities
• Work to improve the business climate to retain and expand existing businesses and the recruitment of new businesses
• Work to integrate workforce services with business needs
For more information go to www.mcbc.mcbusiness.org
Press Contact: Marci Bracco (831) 747-7455