Monster India Launches Monster CollegeTM, A Resource to Seamlessly Connect Colleges and Employers
With an aim to simplify campus recruiting, Monster India today launched 'Monster CollegeTM'- a pan India online campus hiring initiative. Monster CollegeTM will collaborate with educational institutes across India.
- (1888PressRelease) July 18, 2012 - As a first step in this process, Monster CollegeTM has signed a deal with Syntel, a leading IT and BPO firm, to help them source the right talent from nearly 2,000 engineering colleges in India.
The concept for Monster CollegeTM has grown out of Monster India's initiative for Syntel campus recruiting in 2010. Syntel was challenged with reaching the most qualified graduates at all AICTE-approved institutions across India, irrespective of geography or reputation. Named "Syntellect," the goal of Syntel's revolutionary pan-India hiring initiative was to create a positive national impact by extending job opportunities to graduates at every accredited college and University across the country. More than 135,000 students from 2,800+ colleges took the Syntellect online placement test in its first year, nearly 14,000 were interviewed and more than 5,000 received job offers. Syntel partnered with Monster India to develop the database of colleges, and the back-end infrastructure needed to support the 2010 Syntellect program. This partnership led to the creation of Monster CollegeTM.
Commenting on the initiative, Sanjay Modi, Managing Director, Monster.com (India/Middle East/ Southeast Asia) stated, "With Monster CollegeTM, our goal is to convert the art of campus hiring into a science. Monster CollegeTM simplifies and improves campus hiring through our deep domain expertise, extensive database, superior technology and innate understanding of the recruiting landscape. Monster CollegeTM offers educational institutes the opportunity to leverage Monster's extensive reach in the corporate world by connecting them to over 20,000 employers across various industries. These include 98 percent of Fortune 1000 companies along with other leading Indian and Multinational organizations."
"Monster CollegeTM thrives on our in-depth understanding of the employment needs of both employers and job seekers. The initiative will help companies uncover the most qualified and skilled candidates and pave ways for recent graduates to explore new career opportunities. I am extremely glad to have Syntel as our first partner in this ongoing journey," Modi added.
According to Rajesh Save, Syntel's Global Head of HR, "There is fierce competition for the best engineering talent in the IT industry, and campus recruitment can be a major challenge. Currently, most corporations reach only 30% of India's engineering schools, so a lot of outstanding candidates are simply overlooked. Our idea was to reach out and establish a connection to this vast pool of untapped talent and bring the best and brightest of them to Syntel. Working with the recruitment industry leader like Monster enables us to efficiently and effectively connect, evaluate and hire the top talent available today."
According to Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), the market for higher education in India is projected to grow almost 300% in the next 10 years to US $115 billion. This underscores a growing need for colleges to partner with a solution provider who can help them connect employers to their graduating students, matching them with the right candidates for open opportunities. Monster CollegeTM bridges this gap by making placement processes more systematic and measureable.
Monster CollegeTM -A three-pronged approach
• Colleges: With an aim to provide equal opportunities to colleges of all sizes, 'Monster CollegeTM helps colleges attract employers looking to hire recent college graduates by identifying any potential skills gaps among students and giving colleges better overall visibility with employers.
• Students: Monster CollegeTM offers students the chance to apply for relevant jobs and internships. In addition we also help them build and showcase their academic profiles to prospective employers and groom their skills through mock tests, seminars, certification programs.
• Employers: With Monster CollegeTM, campus placement provides a more structured recruitment format with companies gaining access to a comprehensive database of educational institutes across different disciplines and cities. What's more, companies can filter the database according to their job requirements and preferences of students' qualification, marks and discipline, allowing them to tap into the right candidates for open opportunities
Monster CollegeTM equips small to medium sized businesses with the right talent by offering them access to the most institutes for their campus hires in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
How it works:
Colleges need to register with Monster CollegeTM and bring their entire student data online. Required credentials will be provided to the registered colleges and students, where respective stakeholders including TPOs will have an access to the information.
• Job opportunities
• Employability related content
• Building online academic profiles with downloadable CV's
• Mock assessments to build capability
• Seamless communication from college and corporate via email and sms
• Integrated placement management platform
• Job opportunities for students
• Institutes' branding amongst corporate
• Students' skill gaps identification through assessments
• Entire data of colleges at a single specialized platform
• Sending job posts to filtered and interested candidates
• Efficient management of logistics and reduced hiring costs
• Extensive reach and engagement to recent graduates across India
• Maximum visibility among educational institutes.
About Monster India
Monster.com India Pvt Ltd (www.monsterindia.com) was established in year 2001. It is the flagship brand of Monster Worldwide (NYSE: MWW), the leading global online recruitment resource. Headquartered in Hyderabad, Monsterindia.com is the leading jobsite in the region. With an established presence in 13 cities of India viz., Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Baroda, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Cochin and Coimbatore, Monster also has a registered jobseeker base of more than 22.6 million (excluding Jobsahead, a property owned by Monster).
Monster strives to find the right talent and has pioneered revolutionary Magic Search and Magic Filter technology to connect employers with quality jobseekers. To make the user experience pleasant, innovation and upgrade to the platform is a constant endeavor.
A recipient of the Best jobsite in India award for two years in a row by an independent jury appointed by PC World, Monster has also been honored with the User's Choice Award 2008 by PC Quest.
For more details contact
Nidhi Madan Verma
(91) 956 015 5115
nidhi.verma ( @ ) monster dot com
Gitanjali Sabikhi/Geetu Batra
gitanjali.sabikhi ( @ ) bm dot com/geetu.batra ( @ ) bm dot com
- New York, USA
153 W 27th Street, Suite 503
New York, NY 10001
- Voice: 1-877-339-6264
- Visit our Site