MindTree Launches MindTest(TM) Methodology for Improved Predictability in Software Testing and Quality Management
The integrated methodology will help customers to measure the quality of the software and improve their ROI in terms of cost, quality, time, and risk.
- (1888PressRelease) September 29, 2010 - MindTree Limited, a global IT Solutions Company, today announced the launch of MindTest™, an integrated test methodology for quality management. The methodology integrates all the components of a testing engagement, manages the quality of testing, and delivers measurable and predictable software quality. MindTest™ encompasses delivery, domain, technologies, tools, training, frameworks, quality, and knowledge management to help customers achieve a higher level of test maturity and improve Return on Investment (ROI).
MindTest offers customers a metric-driven approach that provides a 360-degree view of software quality, quality of testing, test management, testing processes and test automation efficiency. These metrics enable effective quality management of the test effort, which can have substantial impact on the quality and integrity of the information resulting from the test efforts. In addition, the metrics can improve governance, project management, accuracy in estimates and transparency to the client.
"As software products, applications and features become increasingly similar, quality will be the key differentiator", said Ananda Rao Ladi, Vice President and Head of the Testing Business Unit at MindTree. " With MindTest™, our customers will be better-equipped to assess and predict the quality of products and applications, resulting in improved decision making, reduced risk and savings in time and cost.
"Organizations recognize the importance of software to their competitive position but often struggle with the cost of software quality and testing. This is generally due to a lack of consistency and useful metrics," said Thomas Murphy, Research Director with Gartner. "The increasing complexity of solutions, pace of change, and need to drive productivity is causing a search for best practices and repeatability to enable business-driven deployment decisions and sustainable agile solution development and delivery."
MindTree has defined the MindTest™ methodology based on best practices established through testing applications and systems which were extensively used in an environment of continuous process improvement. Key tools utilized in MindTest™ include:
1. Test Quality Index (TQI) - Assesses quality compliance of testing process and software
2. Testing Metrics Analysis and Decision framework (TMAD) - Aligns metrics with business goals
3. ProcessNet - Integrated process repository tuned to the type of testing, domain, tools, and technologies
4. TestDashboard - Dashboard that provides the engagement health status in every aspect a business needs
5. ProjectSpace - Knowledge management base
MindTree is showcasing MindTest™ at STARWEST expo on September 29-30, 2010 in booth # 4 and 5.
MindTree's 2200+ member Testing Business Unit works with a single focus of "predictable quality through independent testing". Its three pillars of excellence - MindTest™, Testing Academy, and Test Labs - drive process rigor, competency development, and tools & technology innovation. These pillars of excellence are mutually aligned to continually drive down customer cost and risk.
About MindTree Ltd.
MindTree Ltd. is a global IT Solutions company specializing in IT Services, Independent Testing, Infrastructure Management and Technical Support (IMTS), Knowledge Services and Product Engineering, which comprises of R&D Services, Software Product Engineering and Next In Wireless. MindTree partners with its clients to create a transparent, value-based relationship. Our people build innovative solutions in a wide range of technology domains that enable our customers to succeed in their business goals.
MindTree is ranked 43rd across all industries and 19th amongst IT services companies by The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals in their annual list of the Top 100 Global Outsourcing Companies. Widely known for its focus on human capital development, MindTree has been consistently rated among the most admired employers by several industry surveys, including Great Places To Work Institute, Hewitt Associates and Mercer. MindTree was ranked No. 1 among the Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise (MAKE) India Award winners for the second consecutive year in 2008. MindTree was ranked No. 2 in Asia and declared the overall winner in India in the Asiamoney Corporate Governance Poll 2009. The Company is publicly listed in India. Please visit us at www.mindtree.com