Metropolitan Community College - Institute for Workforce Innovation (MCCIWI) has become a Totara LMS Partner
Metropolitan Community College - Institute for Workforce Innovation (MCCIWI) has become a Totara LMS Partner.
- (1888PressRelease) January 28, 2012 - Metropolitan Community College - Institute for Workforce Innovation (MCCIWI) has become a Totara LMS Partner. MCCIWI is based in Kansas City, Missouri USA. What sets the Institute apart is its holistic approach: helping businesses run better and helping individuals become better employees.
Since 2009, the Institute has:
• Prepared over 7,000 students for entry-level jobs
• Contracted with over eighty companies to provide contract training, including Ford, GM, ATK, Hallmark, Harley-Davidson, Cerner and Honeywell
• Supported 25 area companies to receive $2,527,827 through the Missouri Customized Training Program (MCT)
• Helped companies receive $1,124,394 through Missouri New Jobs Training and Job Retention Training programs
Totara LMS is an open source LMS for the corporate sector based on Moodle. Totara LMS has a range of enhancements over and above the wide ranging functionality available in Moodle. These enhancements are designed specifically for corporate organizations and include:
• Individual development plans
• Classroom management
• Team management
• Competency management
• Program Management
• Learning paths
• Sophisticated reporting
• Enhanced search
The Totara LMS Partner Program is designed to support organizations in delivering enterprise LMS solutions to their clients.
Totara Partners are supported through:
• A global marketing campaign promoting Totara
• Participation in marketing events
• High profile endorsement of Totara partners
• Generating leads through the Totara marketing program
• Training and support in how to deploy Totara
• Access to the Totara knowledge base
• Priority consideration for new features and fixes
Totara is actively seeking applications from organizations globally to become Totara Partners.
Willem Boom, Vice President - Partner Solutions, commented: "We are delighted to have Metropolitan Community College - Institute for Workforce Innovation as a Totara Partner. The demand for Totara is building in North America and our aim is to provide organizations with a choice of experienced partners who can help them implement and support their Totara LMS initiatives. MCCIWI as a strong player in their region will be successful due to their client relationships and experience."
Metropolitan Community College - Institute for Workforce Innovation said, "This partnership is another way to support businesses in our region with a high quality training management system. It also allows us to provide a foundation for online training in noncredit courses." - Kevin Kelley, PhD, Director of Community Development.