Meridian Named 2012 Most Wired for 12th Year
The 2012 Most Wired Survey, placed Meridian Health among the nation's top 100 Most Wired health care providers in the United States for the 12th consecutive year.
- Jersey City, NJ (1888PressRelease) August 03, 2012 - The 2012 Most Wired Survey, which was released in the July issue of Hospitals and Health Networks Magazine, placed Meridian Health among the nation's top 100 Most Wired health care providers in the United States for the 12th consecutive year.
Meridian has received this distinction more than any other health system in New Jersey, recognizing its consistent and innovative use of technology in improving the quality of patient care, reducing the likelihood of medical errors, and improving communication and information access. Meridian is comprised of Jersey Shore University Medical Center and K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital in Neptune, Ocean Medical Center in Brick, Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank, Southern Ocean Medical Center in Manahawkin, and Bayshore Community Hospital in Holmdel.
"Information technology is an important part to any health care system, especially when it comes to patient care," said Rebecca Weber, senior vice president and chief information officer for Meridian Health. "This status acknowledges our continual efforts to explore and embrace technology and how it can improve the patient experience. Receiving this award for so many years verifies that we are doing our job successfully and exciting things are happening at Meridian. "
Each year, Hospitals and Health Networks Magazine conducts this survey to measure the implementation and use of technology (IT) within the health care systems across the United States. To achieve this award, health care companies have to meet the four requirements, which are: Infrastructure, Business and Administrative Management, Clinical Quality and Safety (inpatient/outpatient hospital), and Clinical Integration (ambulatory/physician/patient/community).
Key findings from the national survey include:
• 100% of Most Wired hospitals check drug interactions and drug allergies when medications are ordered as a major step in reducing medication errors.
• 93% of Most Wired hospitals employ intrusion detection systems to protect patient privacy and security of patient data, in comparison to 77% of the total responders.
• 74% of Most Wired hospitals and 57% of all surveyed hospitals use automated patient flow systems.
• 90% of Most Wired hospitals and 73% of all surveyed use performance improvement scorecards to help reduce inefficiencies.
The July 2012 Hospitals and Health Networks Magazine cover story detailing results is available at www.hhnmag.com.
About Meridian Health
Meridian Health is a leading not-for-profit health care organization in New Jersey, comprising Jersey Shore University Medical Center and K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital in Neptune, Ocean Medical Center in Brick, Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank, Southern Ocean Medical Center in Manahawkin, Bayshore Community Hospital in Holmdel, and Meridian Partner Companies that include home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, ambulatory care, ambulance services, and outpatient centers. Meridian Health has consistently been rated among the top performing health systems in New Jersey for clinical quality, is one of the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For", and is the recipient of numerous state and national recognitions for patient care and nursing excellence, including the distinction of being the first health system in the country to receive Magnet designation for nursing.
Contact : Donna Sellmann, Manager, Public Relations
DSellmann ( @ ) meridianhealth dot com