MEDecision Webinar: Going Beyond the EHR: Supporting Care Coordination Within the Patient-Centered Medical Home
The session will provide background on the medical home movement and how it relates to accountable care organizations (ACOs) and other models being tested to improve care and lower costs.
- Philadelphia, PA-NJ (1888PressRelease) February 08, 2011 - MEDecision, Inc., a leading provider of collaborative health management solutions, will conduct a complimentary webinar titled "Going Beyond the EHR: Supporting Care Coordination Within the Patient-Centered Medical Home," on Wednesday, February 9 at 12:30 p.m. Eastern time.
Hosted by Matt Adamson, MEDecision's vice president of health solutions, the session will provide background on the medical home movement and how it relates to accountable care organizations (ACOs) and other models being tested to improve care and lower costs. It will look at technology as the primary driver for the successful implementation of many of these initiatives and discuss how solutions designed specifically for the medical home care coordinator can work in conjunction with those already in place-such as EMRs and practice management systems-so health plans and ACOs can convert medical home pilot programs into broader rollouts. The webinar will include a demonstration of MEDecision's provider-focused collaborative health management technology for ACOs and medical homes.
Attendees will learn:
• Why EMR adoption is a necessary component of a medical home, but doesn't sufficiently provide the ability to manage patient populations around quality and outcomes
• How precise care coordination within the medical home depends on technology; particularly health information exchange and analytics capabilities, along with tools to help determine gaps in care related to health and wellness, chronic conditions and medication conflicts
• How provider-focused collaborative care management tools are necessary to support the information technology needs of evolving ACO and medical home models
• The value of enabling access to medical homes for a larger number of patients
What: MEDecision webinar: "Going Beyond the EHR: Supporting Care Coordination Within the Patient-Centered Medical Home"
Who: Matt Adamson, MEDecision vice president of health solutions
When: Wednesday, February 9, 2011; 12:30 p.m. Eastern time (9:30 a.m. Pacific time)
How: Register at http://bit.ly/h9PJNx.
For more information about MEDecision, please visit www.MEDecision.com. Follow the company on Twitter at ( @ ) MEDecision and on Facebook at www dot MEDecision dot com/Facebook dot
MEDecision offers collaborative health management solutions that provide a way for payers and providers to harness the power of knowledge to enable the best clinical decisions, engage patients and improve health outcomes. Designed around a patient-aware health management philosophy, MEDecision's solutions include Alineo®, a health management platform for delivering outcome-driven case, disease, utilization and behavioral health management; InFrame™, a set of tools that facilitate the health and performance management processes for physicians and accountable care organizations; and Nexalign®, MEDecision's health decision support service that applies analytics to information gathered from multiple sources to foster better business and clinical decisions on a patient's behalf. For more information, visit www.MEDecision.com.
- MEDecision Team
- 601 Lee Road
Chesterbrook Corporate Center
Wayne, PA 19087
- Voice: 650-344-1260
- Visit our Site