May is National Melanoma Month
South Shore Skin Center and Spa Offers Free Skin Cancer Screening
on Wednesday, May 25th in Plymouth.
- (1888PressRelease) May 20, 2011 - CAPE COD, COHASSET AND PLYMOUTH, MASS - May is National Melanoma/Skin Cancer Awareness Month and the dermatologists at South Shore Skin Center and Spa, one of the most progressive dermatology practices in Massachusetts, will hold a Skin Cancer Screening Evening on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 from 5 to 8 p.m. at their medical office located at One Scobee Circle, Unit 3 in Plymouth.
This free screening is a collaboration between Jordan Hospital Club Cancer Center and South Shore Skin Center and Spa and is supported by the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Cancer Society. It is open to the public. Appointments are limited and can be made by calling (508) 732-4940.
Ramzi Saad M.D., along with several other providers at South Shore Skin Center and Spa, will be on-site conducting the skin cancer screenings and providing patients with sun safety and melanoma prevention tips.
Recent data has shown that New England has the highest concentration of melanoma cases, and melanoma is the number one cancer in young, white American women. South Shore Skin Center and Spa's physicians remind adults and children to follow these important measures in the prevention of skin cancer:
• Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun.
• Avoid sunlamps and tanning beds.
• Use ample amounts of sunscreen or sunblock with an SPF of 30 or higher every day, even if it is cloudy.
• Wear protective clothing and large framed or wrap-around sunglasses to protect the eye area.
• Have your skin checked by a dermatologist regularly.
• Note any moles or other spots on the skin that have changed. Have them checked by a physician as soon as possible.
For concerns about the skin, contact South Shore Skin Center and Spa's Plymouth
(508) 747-0711 or Cohasset (781) 383-3340 dermatology office.
About South Shore Skin Center and Spa
South Shore Skin Center and Spa is one of Massachusetts' most progressive dermatology practices offering a wide range of medical, surgical and cosmetic services. South Shore Skin Center and Spa's medical office and cosmetic dermatology spa occupy the 6,600 square-foot third floor of One Scobee Circle in Plymouth. South Shore Skin Center and Spa's skin cancer unit - the Mohs Surgical Unit is located on the lower level.
At South Shore Skin Center and Spa, patient care comes first. The practice's unique team of physicians, physician assistants, nursing and medical assistant staff are all specialists in dermatology who share a passion for excellence and a commitment to providing the highest level of care to both children and adults in the greater Boston area. Advanced cosmetic services offered include laser treatments such as Fraxel re:pair and re:store; Gentle YAG, IPL, Thermage and treatments for age spots, acne scarring, birthmarks, tattoos and more. The practice also offers a full range of affordable anti-aging services including Botox, Restylane, Perlane,and other wrinkle fillers, volumizers such as Radiesse and Sculptra, microdermabrasion, laser skin resurfacing and chemical peels. Anti-aging and Cosmetic treatments are both safer and more effective when administered at a physician's office.
South Shore Skin Center and Spa is located at One Scobee Circle, Unit 3, in Plymouth, Mass. (508) 747-0711 and at 223 Chief Justice Cushing Highway, Suite 202, in Cohasset, Mass. (781) 383-3340. For more information, visit the website at southshoreskincenter.com.