MAIT Manufacturers Association For Information Technology
Set up in 1982 for purposes of scientific, educational and IT Industry promotion, MAIT has emerged as an effective, influential and dynamic organisation. Representing Hardware, Training, R&D & Hardware Design and other associated service segments of the Indian IT Industry.
- (1888PressRelease) August 31, 2010 - MAIT's charter is to develop a global competitive Indian IT Industry, promote the usage of IT in India, strengthen the role of IT in national economic development, promote business through international alliances, promote quality consciousness in the IT Industry and transform the Indian IT Industry into a World Scale Industry leading to a World Class Usage and thus a World Size Market.
MAIT is represented on all concerned Government of India fora and works in close association with the Industry Chambers and all IT/Electronics Associations in India and overseas for the advancement of the IT Industry in India.
MAIT also recognises the importance of Information Technology Industry growing with sound business relations with the rest of the world. In this direction, MAIT from time to time exchanges delegations and structured information with overseas counterpart organisations - industry data, published reports and newsletters - and encourages cross attending of annual events as a part of its effort to promote international understanding.
* Enabling a policy framework of IT manufacturing ecosystem
* Attracting investments in IT manufacturing
* Simplification of Procedures for Exports and Imports
* Increasing IT Penetration/Usage in India
* Reduction in local levies and taxes on IT products to make IT affordable
* Promoting Design, Innovation and New Product Development
* Local Language IT Applications/Products/Solutions.
* Promoting usage of genuine IT products, components and consumables
* e-Waste Management