Lloyd Jones Capital Starts Multi-Family Housing Fund
Lloyd Jones Capital Starts New $100 million Multi-Family Real Estate Housing Fund with Apartments in FL, TX and SC.
- (1888PressRelease) October 19, 2016 - Lloyd Jones Capital is a Miami -based, private equity real estate firm that specializes in the multi-family housing sector. With a 35-year track record of successful investing, the firm focuses on value-add and opportunistic multifamily acquisitions in the southeastern U.S. markets it knows well due to its long history and current operations in those areas. The firm currently has over $500 million and 4000 units under management.
AMERICAN WORKFORCE HOUSING FUND
The American Workforce Housing Fund (AWHF) is a private investment vehicle formed by Lloyd Jones Capital with a target of $100 million to invest in middle-income, Class C/C+ multifamily properties in vibrant metro areas in Texas, Florida and South Carolina.
AWHF will seek acquisitions ranging from $10 to $50 million in capitalization, each representing approximately 250-500 residential units. The investment team will prioritize sub-market locations with strong demographics and target acquisitions below replacement cost with attractive cap rates and cash yield components. Most properties will require light to moderate value-add, resulting in strong capital appreciation.
The Fund's objective is to generate a current yield of 7%-9% in cash distributions paid out quarterly and an internal rate of return ("IRR") of 16-18%.
AWHF employs a disciplined and differentiated strategy with competitive advantages that include:
• A fully integrated investment and operations platform that includes an award-wining, in-house property management team
• A strong presence in the targeted metro areas that provides an information edge: access to off-market opportunities and firsthand knowledge of the local area.
• Decades of experience in the AWHF target markets from multiple perspectives: developer, builder, investor and property manager.
• Leadership team with experience through all global and national economic cycles
• Principals that maintain hands-on involvement while remaining accessible to investors
UNPRECEDENTED MARKET OPPORTUNITY
We believe that there is an enormous opportunity in our market segments, particularly as U.S. demographics drive the demand for workforce housing as evidenced by:
• Working, middle-income households that cannot afford the high cost of new apartment construction;
• Baby boomer retirees that are seeking affordable, maintenance-free options; (75 million strong) Freddie Mac reports that more than 5 million people 55+ expect to rent by 2020,
• Millennials that are delaying home purchase in record numbers. Home ownership at lowest level in 51 years!
• Job growth and low state taxes in Florida, Texas, and South Carolina that are attracting all demographics;
EXTENSIVE PIPELINE OF POTENTIAL ACQUISITIONS
As a result of this ample opportunity, our investment team continues to see strong deal flow and has built out an attractive pipeline of assets with an aggregate value of $625 million, totaling over 7,500 units.