Launch of Proceq's new Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge Zonotip
The Zonotip and the Zonotip+ (with additional features) are designed to measure the thickness of not only ferrous and non-ferrous metals, but also parts made from polymers, glass, ice, and other materials with a low ultrasonic attenuation.
- (1888PressRelease) August 15, 2011 - The Zonotip and the Zonotip+ (with additional features) are designed to measure the thickness of not only ferrous and non-ferrous metals, but also parts made from polymers, glass, ice, and other materials with a low ultrasonic attenuation. The product's measuring range on steel is from 0.8 mm to 300 mm. The automation processes in the Zonotip make measuring very convenient. The Zonotip's large, high-contrast color display ensures easy real-time visual control of the inspection process. Two different probes are available: the standard dual-element 4.0 MHz transducer and the compact single-element 2.5 MHz transducer. The PC software Zonolink addresses professional data management needs.
Key Features of Zonotip
• Solid body of light, shock-proof plastic
• Suitable for difficult weather conditions (frost- and heat-proof)
• Large high-contrast color display ensures visual control of the inspection process
• Memory for 50'000 measurements
• 4.0 MHz dual-element transducer
• Automatic adaptation to the surface curvature and roughness
• Automatic logging of max and min values while scanning the object
• Measuring of the ultrasonic pulse velocity on a sample with known thickness
• Color, sound and vibration indication when set limits are exceeded
• USB connection to PC for data transfer
• 8 different languages selectable
Additional Features of Zonotip+
• Smaller 2.5 MHz single-element transducer
• A-Scan mode showing waveform on display and saves images to memory
• Metal thickness measuring through surface coating (e.g. paint) in A-Scan mode
As with all Proceq Products, sales and full service support is available from Proceq's global locations in Asia, the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Russia. The Zonotip comes with a 24-month warranty on all electronic parts. When purchasing the instrument, the buyer is also offered the possibility to purchase
extended warranty coverage. For additional information about Proceq and our new Zonotip, please contact your Proceq sales representative or visit www.proceq.com.