Kroger Offers "4X Fuel Points" Promotion Through April 7
Shoppers Can Quadruple Savings At Pump By Purchasing Gift Cards.
- Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC (1888PressRelease) March 22, 2012 - The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), (http://www.kroger.com/), the nation's largest traditional grocery retailer with 16 stores throughout the Triangle, has announced that customers can now receive four times the fuel points by purchasing gift cards through Saturday, April 7. Customers can also earn fuel points at the usual rate by purchasing groceries or prescription medications. Points can be redeemed to yield savings of up to $1 per gallon on fuel purchases at Kroger gas stations and 10 cents per gallon at participating Shell locations. This promotion is in line with Kroger's ultimate goal to provide consistently affordable prices as well as quality service.
Fuel points can be earned in the following ways:
• Spending on groceries: $20 in groceries = 20 points
• Gift card bonus points: For example, $20 in gift cards = 80 points
• Non-federally funded prescription purchases: One prescription = 50 points
To receive the maximum discount of up to $1 per gallon on fuel purchases at Kroger gas stations and 10 cents per gallon at participating Shell locations, customers must earn 1,000 fuel points. However, lower quantities of points can also be redeemed for savings at the pump:
• 100 points = 10 cents off per gallon of fuel for one fill-up at Shell
• 100 points = 10 cents off per gallon of fuel for one fill-up at Kroger
• 200 points = 20 cents off per gallon of fuel for one fill-up at Kroger
"As a retail grocer committed to value, we are excited to offer our customers this excellent opportunity to save money," said Carl York, advertising & public relations manager for Kroger's mid-Atlantic marketing region. "We encourage customers to take advantage of the bonus points awarded to gift card purchases during this special promotion."
- Some exclusions do apply. Offer may vary by market and throughout the year, so customers are encouraged to visit their local store for more information. Customers should note that fuel savings are limited to 35 gallons.
- For more information, visit http://www.kroger.com/in_store/fuel/Pages/default.aspx.
Kroger, the nation's largest traditional grocery retailer, has 16 stores throughout the Triangle. Headquartered in Cincinnati, the company employs more than 338,000 associates who serve customers in 2,439 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 788 convenience stores, 361 fine jewelry stores, 1,046 supermarket fuel centers and 40 food processing plants in the United States. Kroger focuses its charitable efforts on supporting hunger relief, health and wellness initiatives, and local organizations in the communities it serves. For more information, please visit http://www.kroger.com.
MMI Public Relations
Erin ( @ ) mmipublicrelations dot com