January Experts Connection Discusses Whether Franchise Ownership Should Be Your Next Career Choice
Are You Ready to Start Your Own Business? Entrepreneur and Franchise Expert Terry Coker Discusses the Pros and Cons of Buying a Franchise.
- San Francisco, CA (1888PressRelease) January 05, 2011 - If you have been thinking about starting your own business, you might consider joining the more than 750,000 U.S. entrepreneurs who have purchased a franchise. For many executives who have reached a professional crossroads, purchasing a franchise may offer an attractive career alternative. In the next Experts Connection (www.experts-connection.com) teleseminar, franchise expert Terry Coker, CEO of The Entrepreneur Authority, will help you determine if you have what to takes to succeed with a franchise business. The teleseminar "Franchise Ownership Beyond Burgers and Fries - Is It Right for You?" is scheduled for Wednesday, January 26, from 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET, (1:00 - 2:30 p.m. PT), and is sponsored by NETSHARE® (www.netshare.com).
Recent research by FindLaw.com shows that 61 percent of Americans either have started or have considered starting their own business, but for many, the prospect of starting their own operation is intimidating. Buying a franchise takes a lot of the guesswork out of entrepreneurship and provides both tools and proven strategies for success. In this teleseminar, Coker will discuss what it takes to become a successful franchisee, and show you how to narrow your choice based on your skills, values, and lifestyle. This 90-minute session will address:
• Who should or should not consider buying a franchise.
• What executive skill set do you need to be successful as a small business owner.
• How to determine your risk profile, and your spouse's risk profile.
• How to finance a franchise with your 401K, without creating a tax headache.
• Why 50 percent of franchises cost less than $150,000.
• How to select the right franchise consultant to work with.
• The 85 questions to ask the franchisor before you put your money down.
"With unemployment at record highs, dissatisfied executives are searching for career alternatives, including starting their own businesses. Franchises offer a wealth of opportunity for those with the right attitude and temperament, and Terry has been helping fledgling entrepreneurs make a successful career transition for a number of years," said Katherine Simmons, CEO of NETSHARE and host of Experts Connection. "Whether you have thought about a franchise or are just interested in starting your own business, this Experts Connection session will be sure to offer invaluable insight."
The Experts Connection teleseminar series gives executives access to leading career experts. Fees for the seminar are $60, $50 for NETSHARE members, and access is provided via web and telephone. For more information, visit the Experts Connection online at www.experts-connection.com.
About Terry Coker
Terry Coker is the CEO of The Entrepreneur Authority, an executive search firm specializing in placing executives in small business ownership through franchising. Terry helps people find, fit, and finance a franchise purchase. Before founding The Entrepreneur Authority, Terry worked for Service Brands International, a leading franchisor, taking thousands of people through individual franchise investigations. He also served on the executive team of seven start ups, and has been both an executive and an entrepreneur working with small businesses for three decades. Terry is a member of the International Franchise Association, a graduate of the Franchise Center of Excellence, and a Certified Exit Strategy Consultant.
NETSHARE (www.netshare.com) is a confidential, membership based organization dedicated to providing executives across all disciplines and industries with quality $100K plus job lists. NETSHARE also offers networking opportunities and a community of peers for the exchange of strategic information related to job search, professional development and best practices. NETSHARE has been recognized by Fortune and Forbes magazines as the best online destination for executive positions.
Annette ( @ ) netshare dot com
Woolf Media & Marketing
tomw ( @ ) woolfmedia dot com