International Gas Union, Australian Gas Industry Trust and New South Wales Government Welcomes the Australia Gas 2011 Conference to Sydney
This new conference has the endorsement of the Australia Gas Industry Trust (AGIT), Australia's representative of the IGU, and the New South Wales Government and runs from 31 October - 2 November 2011 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney.
- (1888PressRelease) August 19, 2011 - Australia Gas 2011 is the first international strategic gas conference to be held in Australia and is co-hosted by the International Gas Union (IGU) and the CWC Group. This new conference has the endorsement of the Australia Gas Industry Trust (AGIT), Australia's representative of the IGU, and the New South Wales Government and runs from 31 October - 2 November 2011 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney.
Australia Gas 2011 has been created in response to industry demand and offers international and Australian gas professionals the opportunity to learn about ground breaking projects and investment opportunities in this rapidly expanding market.
The conference content covers the entire value chain from upstream to downstream, studying new commercial and technological breakthroughs throughout the whole of Australia, as well as looking at project showcases, partnerships, employment, environmental challenges and the usage of gas and gas market dynamics for export and the domestic market. It will also evaluate the country's impact on global gas markets and reinforce the importance of gas as the fuel of choice globally.
In a recent interview with Gas Today Australia, Datuk Abdul Rahim Hashim, President of the IGU, highlights the importance of Australia in the global gas market explaining, "Australia has emerged as one of the world's leading international gas players with its continued development of offshore gas and the emergence of onshore CBM-to-LNG sector. With an open capital market and limited government intervention in the oil and gas industry Australia has been successful in attracting some of the industry's largest players and has been the bedrock for the development of new technologies like Floating LNG, coal gasification and liquefaction and so on" . Hashim goes on to add, "I believe Australia is set to become one of the leading LNG exporters, with the potential of even surpassing Qatar", indicating the scale of impact Australia is likely to have.
Hashim will be speaking at Australia Gas 2011 providing an overview of the current energy market, covering "the challenges, strategic imperatives and role of natural gas, and how Australia fits in to the overall energy landscape". He adds, "I look forward to meeting the participants, industry players, policy makers and the important stakeholders in the energy industry in Australia to talk about the important role of natural gas in meeting today's energy challenges". Hashim will join 34 other industry leading speakers at the conference including:
• Hon Tom Koutsantonis MP, Minister for Industry and Trade, Government of South Australia
• Richard Sellers, Director General, Department of Mines and Petroleum, Government of Western Australia
• Phil Byrne, President, NWSALNG
• Graeme Bethune, Director, Australian Gas Industry Trust (AGIT) and Chief Executive Officer, EnergyQuest
• Bruce Steenson, Vice President of Prelude & Technical, Shell Australia
• Nigel Kuzemko, Global Director LNG Development, Gazprom Marketing and Trading Singapore
• Kerrie-Anne Lanigan, Gas and Power Marketing Director, ExxonMobil Australia
Australia Gas has so far attracted many delegates from Australia, Asia and America and with CWC's network of international contacts, the conference provides senior gas executives the opportunity to meet, share, exchange dialogue and do business. To find out more about Australia Gas 2011, visit www.cwcaustraliagas.com
1. Australia Gas 2011 event dates are 31 October, 1, 2 November 2011. Location: Four Seasons Hotel, Sydney, Australia.
2. Australia Gas 2011 is organised by The CWC Group. For more information about the organisers visit www.thecwcgroup.com
3. For press or other enquiries about Australia Gas 2011, contact Louisa Nightingale at lnightingale ( @ ) thecwcgroup dot com
- Samantha Ling
- The Cwc Group
- Regent House, Oyster Wharf, 16-18 Lombard Road, London, SW11 3RB, UK
- SW11 3RB
- Voice: 44 20 7978 0000
- Visit our Site