Inspire Passes 50,000 Mark For Members Affected By Cancer
Inspire sees continued growth in its oncology online support communities.
- (1888PressRelease) December 20, 2011 - PRINCETON, NJ -- More than 50,000 people affected by cancer--as a patient or caregiver--have joined the Inspire online support community.
"Surpassing 50,000 members is a milestone," said Inspire CEO Brian Loew, "but it's the quality and depth of interactions among members that really demonstrates how cancer patients and caregivers connect online. Our members exchange resources, practical information and emotional support, all of which are insightful and powerful."
For example, since last November, the Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has over 12,000 new discussions, with 148,000 replies.
In 2011, Inspire members affected by cancer will make over 790,000 unique posts in communities.
The cancer support communities on Inspire include:
* Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community
* Advanced Breast Cancer Support Community
* Ovarian Cancer National Alliance Support Community
* National Cervical Cancer and HPV Coalition Support Community
* Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network Support Community
* Fight Colorectal Cancer Support Community
* ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association Support Community
* Head and Neck Cancer Alliance Support Community
* American Childhood Cancer Organization Support Community
* Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Support Community
* Life with Cancer Support Community
Inspire is free to patients and caregivers. It enables them to connect and share information about clinical trials, treatments, support services, insurance, employment issues, and everyday life.
Inspire recently passed the overall 200,000-member level, and also three million posts by members. Inspire builds and manages online support communities in exclusive partnership with more than 75 national patient advocacy organizations. "Our partnerships are a critical element in the quality and engagement of our community," Loew said.
Inspire's oncology focused partner organizations include:
* American Childhood Cancer Organization
* Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network
* Fight Colorectal Cancer
* Head and Neck Cancer Alliance
* Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Life with Cancer
* National Cervical Cancer and HPV Coalition
* Ovarian Cancer National Alliance
* ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association
* Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network
Princeton, N.J.-based Inspire accelerates medical research through the creation and operation of safe, moderated online communities, organized by medical condition, for patients and caregivers, many in partnership with national patient advocacy and support organizations such as the Alzheimer's Foundation of America, the National Osteoporosis Foundation, the Lymphoma Research Foundation, WomenHeart, the National Organization for Rare Disorders, the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance, the National Psoriasis Foundation, and the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. For more information, call (800) 945-0381.