iGoDigital Launches Pinterest Tracking Tool
New social tracking tool helps retailers strengthen personalization, identify most influential customers and monetize Pinterest activity.
- (1888PressRelease) April 24, 2012 - iGoDigital, the market and technology leader in personalized product recommendations and guided selling tools, today announces the immediate availability of the iGoDigital Pinterest Tracking Tool for the company's Personalized Product Recommendations Platform. This innovative tool will enable retailers to gather Pinterest data and use it to influence marketing and merchandising decisions.
Whereas site analytics are limited to showing Pinterest as a traffic source, the iGoDigital Pinterest Tracking Tool gives retailers the ability to dig deeper. By simply adding the "Pin It" button to iGoDigital product recommendations, retailers can begin to identify individuals who "pin" products, numerate their spheres of influences (i.e. the popularity of their pins) and determine related revenue associated with their Pinterest activity.
Armed with the data collected from Pinterest retailers can:
• Send more targeted and relevant marketing messages based on shoppers' Pinterest activity
• Incentivize highly influential Pinterest users who drive significant amounts of site traffic or revenue from their follower base
• Make more educated merchandising decisions based on products being shared and pinned
• Use product recommendations as a customer acquisition tool by giving shoppers the opportunity to share them
• Expose additional preference and taste data to their customers' profiles and leverage this information to make the shopping experience more personalized
• Add Pinterest into the customer lifetime value calculation (shoppers who pin and share may be more loyal to the brand)
"With more than 10 million registered users, retailers are seeing Pinterest as a way to inspire shoppers and drive traffic, but many brands have been unable to track, monitor or understand how Pinterest activity affects their bottom lines," said Eric Tobias, president, iGoDigital. "The Pinterest Tracking tool will begin to give them this insight."
Using the data the Pinterest Tracking Tool provides, retailers will be able to know more about their customers' preferences, develop one-to-one relationships with power users and be able to associate ROI metrics with social sharing.
iGoDigital gathers and delivers this data through its proprietary technology, the Customer Intelligence Engine (CIE), which collects information about a customer's activities, in real-time, creating an immediate profile of habits and preferences. The CIE is used to personalize the shopping experience across iGoDigital's suite of services including personalized product recommendations, guided selling tools and data segmentation applications.
To learn more about the iGoDigital Pinterest Tracking Tool and iGoDigital, visit www.igodigital.com.
iGoDigital is the leading provider of guided selling and product recommendations solutions that guide smarter retail. Powered by the Customer Intelligence Engine, iGoDigital delivers accurate, predictive and actionable real-time product recommendations tools that guide a retailer's shoppers through a personalized cross-channel shopping experience. Named to the Inc. 500 list of America's fastest-growing companies in 2008 and 2011, iGoDigital currently serves 8 of the 10 top online retailers and many of the world's most successful retail brands, including Amazon, Office Depot, Staples, Wal-Mart, P&G, OnlineShoes and Scholastic. iGoDigital is headquartered in Indianapolis, IN. To learn more about iGoDigital, visit www.igodigital.com.