Hypertection Releases SDK for Agentless Hypervisor-based Access to the Virtual Machines
Hypertection has recently announced the release of the SDK that provides agentless access to the file system, active memory and state information of each virtual machine hosted on a server.
- (1888PressRelease) March 06, 2012 - The hypervisor level access SDK provides interesting opportunities for the traditional end-point and network software to be easily adapted to virtual environment without any major rework. Also, this SDK makes it much easier and quicker to build new software products for virtualized infrastructures.
Agentless VM Access SDK is an implementation of the new hypervisor level technology developed by Hypertection company. Using this tool set software system can get access to:
• Virtual machines and snapshots list for a host with their current statuses
• Virtual machine file system access (for online and offline machines)
• Virtual machine active memory access (for online machines)
• Virtual machine software inventory (for online and offline machines)
Agentless VM Access SDK provides:
• Hyper-V/Virtual PC full support
• VMware ESX(i) limited support (request current functionality comparison chart)
Thus, an application needs only an interface component to connect to SDK - and it gets access to the internal virtual machine data and can work with them as usual, without opening the "black box" of virtualization platform. Such approach makes it possible to easily extend this application on all hosted virtual machines meeting modern demands of actively growing virtualization trend.
Released SDK opens interesting prospects for software vendors that plan enrichment of their product lines with the new virtualization-oriented software.
Key principle of this SDK is work on hypervisor level. Founder and CEO of Hypertection Dennis Turpitka speaks about the prospects of agentless solutions for virtual environments:
"Virtualization gave a number of opportunities of resource saving and infrastructure expansion to the enterprises worldwide. The idea itself seeks minimal dependence on the end-points; agent-based solutions are just an attempt to apply traditional approach to the revolutionary idea. I make no doubt that the future of the software for virtual infrastructure belongs to the agentless solutions, which permit to save virtual machine resources, centralize operations on the architecture level, get outside the user environment context and moreover, not to limit efficient host capacity. Besides, such approach gives customers significant cost saving in terms of software licensing".
On the basis of the described SDK technology, the main company product - Hypertection Antivirus - is build. It is an example of the first completely agentless solution for such important task as the security of the virtual environment is.
Hypertection (www.hypertection.com) is a virtualization software vendor based in Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine. Founded in 2010 as a subsidiary of Apriorit, Inc., Hypertection's primary focus is providing security to virtual environments.
Apriorit (www.apriorit.com) is an advanced software research and development company, headquartered in Ukraine, focused on providing virtualization, cloud computing and computer security to its end-users. Apriorit has been providing solutions via custom software projects for its international clientele for over 9 years.
- Alex Zhiltsova
- Yaselnaya str. 1
- P.O. Box 143
- Visit our Site