Global Market For Polyolefin Resins To Reach $187.5 Billion In 2016
BCC Research is a leading information resource producing high-quality market research reports, newsletters, and conferences.BCC Research is a leading market research company providing industry reports for categories such as biotech, chemicals, energy, healthcare, information technology, nanotech, pharma and plastics.
- (1888PressRelease) December 12, 2012 - Wellesley, Mass. - According to a new technical market research report, GLOBAL MARKET FOR POLYOLEFIN RESINS (PLS052A), from BCC Research (www.bccresearch.com), the global size of the polyolefin resins market was valued at $151.1 billion in 2011. Total market value is expected to reach $187.5 billion in 2016 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4%.
The market for polyolefin resins can be broken down into two segments: polypropylenes (PP) and polyethylenes (PE).
The PP market totaled $62.4 billion in 2011 and should reach nearly $78.3 billion in 2016, a CAGR of 4.6%.
As a segment, the PE market was valued at $88.7 billion in 2011 and should total nearly $109.3 billion in 2016, a CAGR of 4.3%.
A polyolefin is a polymer made from an olefin monomer such as ethylene or propylene. This report covers two types of polyolefins: PE and PP.
PE and PP are the world's most widely used commodity plastic resins. PE is the world's largest plastic resin in value terms, and PP is the second-largest. They accounted for a total of about 55% of the global plastic resins consumption in volume terms in 2010.
PE includes LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE. LDPE and LLDPE are defined by a density range of about 9.10 g/cm3 to 9.40 g/cm3, and HDPE is defined by a density range of 9.40 g/cm3 to 9.70 g/cm3. Other PE resins may be included in any of these three products. For example, according to the standard of American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), a PE with density of 9.26 g/cm3 to 9.40 g/cm3 is a medium-density polyethylene (MDPE); but in this report, MDPE is included in the segment of LLDPE.
This report will help its readers:
• Forecast the market size for polyolefin resins in terms of dollars and unit sales
• Highlight the roles played by major stakeholders and players
• Receive a comprehensive analysis of the current polyolefin market and project its future direction
• Review global markets for polyolefins and forecast trends and sales in these markets through 2016.
This report will be valuable to many industry participants, including the following:
• Polyolefin manufacturers
• Raw material suppliers
• Catalyst manufacturers
• End users and distributors
• Financial institutions
• Academic and research institutions.