Geometric to launch CAMWorksXpress at EuroMold 2011
Geometric announces the launch of a new CAM package at a surprisingly affordable price, to address the needs of the home machinist and the new users of 3D CAM software
- (1888PressRelease) November 30, 2011 - Scottsdale, Arizona: Geometric Limited (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), a leader in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Global Engineering Services and Offshore Product Development (OPD) solutions and technologies, announces the launch of a new CAM package at a surprisingly affordable price, to address the needs of the home machinist and the new users of 3D CAM software. This new and easy to use CAM package, CAMWorksXpress, will be launched at EuroMold 2011, in Booth # B112, Hall 11.0, from November 29 - December 2, 2011, at the Exhibition Centre, Frankfurt, Germany.
"CAMWorksXpress is an ideal solution for programmers and machinists who are looking for an easy to learn and easy to use 2.5D machining CAM package which is powerful, yet inexpensive. Since CAMWorksXpress incorporates feature based machining and model associativity, it reduces the programming time considerably, giving our customers' an edge over their competitors", says Mr. Sunil Palrecha, Director - Product Marketing and Sales, Geometric.
CAMWorksXpress runs seamlessly inside SolidWorks, and provides the high powered features required for machining parts efficiently. Features that make CAMWorksXpress a better choice are:
• Reduced learning curve with Seamless single window integration within SolidWorks
• Reduced programming time with automation tools, such as feature based machining
• Reduced rework since design changes in SolidWorks automatically updates toolpaths
• Increased machining productivity with optimized toolpaths
• Generating CNC code in a few clicks
• Importing design models from most common file formats such as IGES, SAT, ACIS, etc.
• Automatic recognition of features on native parts as well as imported part models
• Library of post processors for leading CNC Controllers
• Unlimited upgrade path to CAMWorks - The 1st Gold partner CAM product on SolidWorks
Users have the option to either download a free 30 days evaluation version of CAMWorksXpress from www.camworksxpress.com or to order directly as an add-on module to SolidWorks from www.camworksxpress.com. To learn more about CAMWorksXpress, please visit www.camworksxpress.com.
Geometric (www.geometricglobal.com) is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services and Digital Technology solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rupees 6.21 billion (US Dollars 136.47 million) for the year ended March 2011. It employs close to 3900 people across 11 global delivery locations in the US, Romania, India, and China. Geometric was assessed at CMMI 1.1 Level 5 for its software services and ISO 9001:2008 certified for engineering operations. The company's operations are also ISO 27001:2005 certified.
Geometric's Geometry Technology Solutions (GTS) business unit develops cutting-edge point productivity solutions that enhance design and improve manufacturing operations. The end-user products from Geometric include CAMWorks®, eDrawings® Publisher, DFMPro, GeomCaliper® and 3DPaintBrush™. The key technologies from Geometric are NestLib®, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT®. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners and also designs and implements customized process solutions using these technologies for industrial customers.
For further details about Geometric's GTS business unit, please visit www.geometricglobal.com/products or call +1.480.222.2255
The copyright/ trademarks of all products referenced herein are held by their respective companies.
For more information, please contact:
kavita.karnani ( @ ) geometricglobal dot com
(A Division of Geometric Americas, Inc.)
15974 N. 77th Street # 103,
Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1790