Gardere Named Among Top 2011 Business Law Firms by Chambers USA
Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP has earned high marks in "Chambers USA Guide: America's Leading Business Lawyers 2011," an annual survey of the U.S. legal industry.
- Dallas, TX (1888PressRelease) June 11, 2011 - The firm's high marks are included in Chambers USA Guide: America's Leading Business Lawyers 2011, an annual survey of the U.S. legal industry.
Four Gardere partners earned individual recognition as national "Leaders in their Field." Marshall J. Doke Jr., a partner in the Dallas office, is recognized for his work in Government Contracts. Dallas partners Cynthia Nelson and Clifford J. Risman are recognized for their work in the Leisure & Hospitality industry. N.L. "Larry" Stevens III, a partner in the Houston office, earned accolades for his transactional work in the Energy: Oil & Gas industry.
In addition to the national honors, Gardere is ranked among the top business firms in Texas in nine different practice areas, including Antitrust, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Construction, Corporate/M&A, Environment, Insurance, Labor & Employment, Real Estate and Tax. Gardere also was selected by Chambers to author the introduction to the Texas section in this year's publication.
In addition to the firm rankings, 26 Gardere lawyers from 13 different practice areas are recognized among the best attorneys in Texas, including:
• Antitrust - Curtis L. Frisbie Jr., Dallas; Randy D. Gordon, Dallas
• Bankruptcy/Restructuring - Stephen A. McCartin, Dallas; John P. Melko, Houston; Holland N. O'Neil, Dallas; Richard M. Roberson, Dallas; Deirdre B. Ruckman, Dallas
• Construction - Gregory A. Harwell, Dallas; D. Steven Henry, Dallas
• Corporate/M&A - Eric A. Blumrosen, Houston; Larry Schoenbrun, Dallas
• Environment - Cynthia J. Bishop, Dallas; Richard O. Faulk, Houston; Frances E. Phillips, Dallas
• Immigration - Irina B. Plumlee, Dallas
• Insurance - James Cooper, Houston; Samantha Trahan, Houston
• Insurance: Regulation - Kimberly A. Yelkin, Austin
• Labor & Employment - Ronald M. Gaswirth, Dallas
• Real Estate - Kevin L. Kelley, Dallas; Clifford J. Risman, Dallas
• Tax - Allen B. Craig III, Houston
• Tax: Litigation - Val J. Albright, Dallas; Cym H. Lowell, Dallas; Mark R. Martin, Houston
• Technology: Corporate & Commercial - Peter S. Vogel, Dallas
"We are proud of our colleagues who were selected for this recognition," says Gardere Managing Partner Steve Good. "These attorneys are leaders within our firm and leaders in their respective fields, which cover a wide range of specialized practice areas."
Mr. Good also recognized the work of Matthew Saltz, Gardere's Manager of Marketing Research, who is responsible for compiling and submitting the necessary documentation on behalf of Gardere attorneys and their respective practice groups for consideration by the publication.
Published annually by London-based Chambers & Partners, the Chambers USA Guide recognizes the top business law firms and leading individual attorneys in the nation. Firms and attorneys are selected for the merit-based listing based on interviews with thousands of clients, attorneys and third-party experts across the U.S. The complete rankings can be found online at www.chambersandpartners.com.
Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP, an AmLaw 200 firm founded in 1909 and one of the Southwest's largest full-service law firms, has offices in Austin, Dallas, Houston and Mexico City. Gardere provides legal services to private and public companies and individuals in areas of government affairs, energy, litigation, corporate, tax, environmental, labor and employment, intellectual property and financial services.