Free Webinar Asset Reconstruction and Compliance with Ernst & Young LLP + Imarticus Learning
Imarticus hosting free webinar on Asset Reconstruction and Compliance with Ernst & Young LLP.
- (1888PressRelease) December 02, 2016 - Imarticus Learning is proud to announce its newest edition of info webinars, which will be in collaboration with EY LLP. In this webinar we will focus on the situation of distressed assets in India its various remedial measures. This webinar will be presented by Mr. Abizer Diwanji, Partner and National Leader-Financial Services and Restructuring, EY LLP. Abizer is a rank holder, Chartered Accountant with more than 15 years of sterling experience. He has managed and led a number of high profile and complex transactions, which contribute greatly to his deep understanding and practical experience of dealing with issues that arise in Indian transactions.
Accompanying Abizer would be Mr. Rahul Srivatsa, Director - Restructuring Services, EY LLP. Rahul has extensive experience in diligence and pricing of stressed corporate borrowers and thus has a deep understanding of the legal framework and the practical experience of issues that arise in such transactions.
Both of these speakers would shed light on the issues of distressed assets and how to tackle the various potential liabilities caused by them. Join us for the webinar on December 7, where we would be discussing the following:
• The distressed assets situation in India has gradually worsened over the past few years. Bad loans (NPAs + restructured loans) at Indian banks have jumped to ~INR8 trillion representing ~11.5% of gross advances as of March 2016, and things are likely to get worse.
• In view of this, Indian banks needed immediate and systemic approaches to ensure sustained recoveries and bring about a turnaround. The distress assets industry in India is gaining traction on the back of regulatory push from RBI, which along with the Government of India and SEBI have been acting in tandem to create a more conducive environment for the industry.
• The regulator and the government have been constantly working on encouraging alternative sources of capital to come into the market, which is a step in the right direction. More recently, the Union Budget 2016-17 has increased the ceiling on foreign investment in ARCs to 100%, that could provide the much-needed fillip to the industry.
• Distressed asset funds have traditionally been wary of this market due to legal and regulatory issues. However, with the overhaul of the legal framework in the country, this scenario appears to be changing, On the back of these developments, ARCs are at crossroads of making a paradigm shift in their approach and functioning - from asset resolution vehicles to a platform for a revival of large businesses by bringing in operational capabilities.
The webinar would also include a 15 minute Q&A session where our team will be happy to answer any questions posed.
• Time: 3pm to 4pm
• Date: Thursday, December 7, 2016
• Venue: Online via GotoWebinar
At Imarticus Learning, we have dedicated programs in financial modeling, business analysis, wealth management and, corporate finance and investment banking; which help a candidate focus on excelling in the competitive landscape of finance.