Five Southern League All-Stars Join Carolina Mudcats In Homestands Against Montgomery, Chattanooga
Rex Healthcare Pink In The Park, Other Promotions Announced For July 14-20 Home Games.
- Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC (1888PressRelease) July 14, 2010 - The Carolina Mudcats (http://www.carolinamudcats.com), Wake County's hometown professional baseball team, welcome back five All-Stars from Monday's Southern League All-Star Game for upcoming back-to-back homestands against the Montgomery Biscuits (July 14-16) and Chattanooga Lookouts (June 17-20) at Five County Stadium. Among the week's scheduled promotions is "Pink in the Park," which benefits Rex Healthcare Cancer Center's Angel Fund. Mudcats players and coaches will wear custom pink jerseys Sunday, July 18 to be auctioned off during the game.
Special promotions for the July 14-16 homestand include: BJ's Membership Club 2 for 1 box seats (Wednesday, July 14); Thirsty Thursday (July 15); and Capital Bank Friday Night Fireworks (July 16).
Fans can catch television's Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius at Five County Stadium this weekend (July 16-18) thanks to Time Warner Cable.
The Mudcats will host an Instructional Baseball Clinic from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, July 17. Space is limited. To participate, children must register at http://www.chevyyouthsports.com/rsvp and enter the password "playball." George's BBQ Sauce will offer Webkinz Lil'Kinz to the first 1,200 children 14 years old and under.
Following the Sunday, July 18 game, Comet Rice will present "Kids Run the Bases," weather permitting.
Fans that purchase a ticket to the Tuesday, July 20 game and show their Kraft Singles package wrappers will get one free ticket. As part of Bright Leaf Dollar Dog Tuesday, fans can purchase all beef hot dogs for $1 each.
"We look forward to seeing fans at Five County Stadium this week to watch some All-Star-caliber Mudcats baseball," said Mudcats owner Steve Bryant. "Thanks again to our sponsors for making these great promotions happen for our fans."
NEW MEDIA CONTENT:
Mudcats Facebook page
Mudcats Twitter page
- Carolina Mudcats who participated in Monday's Southern League All-Star Game include pitcher Tom Cochran, outfielders Sean Henry and David Sappelt, second baseman Jake Kahaulelio and utility infielder Mike Costanzo. Former Mudcats pitcher Matt Klinker, recently promoted to Triple-A Louisville, also participated.
- The Saturday, July 17 game starts at 6:15 p.m. The Sunday, July 18 game begins at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 20's game will start at 12 p.m. All other games feature a 7:15 p.m. start time.
- Montgomery Biscuits is the Double-A affiliate for the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Chattanooga Lookouts is the Double-A affiliate for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
ABOUT THE CAROLINA MUDCATS:
The Carolina Mudcats is Wake County's hometown professional baseball team, located in Zebulon, N.C. The Double-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds, the Mudcats play in the North Division of the Southern League at home in Five County Stadium off U.S. 264 near Franklin, Johnston, Nash and Wilson counties. The Mudcats have been an established minor-league fan favorite in Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Rocky Mount, Wilson, Smithfield, Clayton, Louisburg, and surrounding towns and communities since 1991. Offering everything from fireworks to weekly promotions and group event nights from April through September, with seating ranging from inexpensive general admission to luxury suite rentals, the Carolina Mudcats provide a fun and exciting afternoon or evening of entertainment for casual and hardcore baseball fans alike. For more information, call (919) 269-2287 or visit http://carolina.mudcats.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t249.
MMI Public Relations
jake ( @ ) mmipublicrelations dot com