FinancialForce.com Launches iPhone App for Professional Services Teams on the Apple App Store
FinancialForce Timecards Maximizes iPhone Form Factor and Leverages Salesforce Chatter to Stay Connected Anywhere with the launch of the iPhone App for Professional Services Teams on the Apple App Store.
- (1888PressRelease) November 23, 2011 - FinancialForce.com, the cloud applications company, today announced general availability of FinancialForce Timecards for the iPhone on the Apple App Store. This mobile timecard entry application leverages the form factor of the Apple iPhone and unique capabilities of iOS, allowing dispersed professional services (PS) organizations to stay connected while on the road visiting customers.
FinancialForce Timecards for the iPhone complements the FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) application and is fully integrated with Salesforce.com's Chatter application on Force.com. It enables consultants to efficiently complete administrative tasks and communicate with PS teams so they can better focus on billable client efforts. With FinancialForce Timecards for the iPhone, consultants can:
- Quickly and easily enter their time and view the status of timecards
- Receive alerts if timecards are due
- Be notified as to how many timecards are past due
- Match time easily to each assignment
- Post to project walls enabled by Chatter, salesforce.com's social application
The social capabilities in Salesforce Chatter enable PS teams to replace emails, voice mails and conference calls with Chatter streams, making the conversation part of the audit trail for each project. Additionally, because timecards are collected more quickly, the downstream activities become more efficient including billing, project reporting and resource management. Staying connected through the iPhone and socially via Chatter makes all team members involved with the project more efficient and able to focus more on billable client efforts while providing a higher level of service.
"Professional services teams are mobile and geographically dispersed, so when we first mentioned an app for the iPhone the feedback was overwhelmingly positive," said Jeremy Roche, CEO of FinancialForce.com. "We're thrilled to announce the availability of FinancialForce Timecards for the iPhone on the Apple App Store. Our customers can access the application from anywhere and be more responsive as a project team."
"Entirely new software ecosystems are coming of age for businesses, and the best software companies are building applications for these platforms - platforms of the modern, not yesteryear's, software world," said Brian Sommer, President, Vital Analysis. "FinancialForce.com was one of the first firms to develop a major application suite on the Force.com platform. Now, it has added another application, this time a time entry application for consultants, on the Apple ecosystem. That latest application should complement its growing PS functionality and help improve field consultant productivity."
The iPhone Timecards app is free to download for all FinancialForce PSA customers and requires the latest release of the cloud service, FinancialForce PSA Summer '11. It can be downloaded from the Apple App Store for U.S. and Canadian iPhone users running iOS version 4.0 and later.
- Val Stepanova
595 Market St. Suite 2700
San Francisco, CA 94105
- Voice: 1-866-743-2220
- Visit our Site