Extentia Launches All-New Application to Showcase Artworks on Mobile
The 'Dashavatar' Application for iPad is the First of its Kind for Promoting Art.
- (1888PressRelease) April 19, 2012 - Extentia has announced the launch of a mobile application to showcase art on mobile. Titled 'Dashavatar', the application displays a series of paintings by the eminent artist Bharat Tripathi. As the name implies, they depict each of Vishnu's ten incarnations, per Hindu mythology. Dashavatar is the latest of Tripathi's works.
The application was unveiled by Mr. B.W. Roberts, former principal of the Bishop's School, Pune - Mr. Tripathi's alma mater. The launch event was attended by patrons of art, mobile developers, and executives from the city's technology companies.
The application represents innovation in presenting premium art, and enables it to reach a vast audience worldwide on mobile. Users can view each of the Dashavatar paintings on their iPad devices, look up information on each one, learn more about the artist, and see a gallery of other paintings.
The application was built by iXtentia, the mobile application development division of Extentia, with inputs from the company's acclaimed Design Studio.
• Slide Show - to view each artwork screen at a slow pace
• About - for a brief introduction of each avatar.
• Gallery - displays 25 other works by the artist, Bharat Tripathi
• Information - for more about the artist
'We are excited to associate with art, and help artists quickly reach a global audience through the mobile medium,' said Umeed Kothavala, CEO, Extentia. 'Dashavatar is among the earliest art focused mobile applications. It represents the power of the confluence of art and technology - artists can now use the mobile medium to reach beyond immediate audiences'
'The launch of Dashavtar on iPad is a momentous occasion. I think it's an excellent way to showcase Indian art to the outside world,' said Bharat Tripathi. 'I have exhibited my work across India several times, and am delighted take advantage of the latest in mobile technology to reach out to patrons worldwide'.
Download from the Apple App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dashavatar/id494210840?mt=8.