Experts predict increased hiring in Oct-Dec' 11 quarter-TimesJobs Hiring Outlook Study
According to a recent hiring outlook survey conducted by TimesJobs.com, employers expect hiring to increase during Oct-Dec 2011. Industry experts have a positive hiring outlook and are expecting a 10-20% growth in hiring in the Oct-Dec' 11 quarter.
- (1888PressRelease) October 11, 2011 - Positive sentiments across industries: The overall Hiring Outlook is positive. RecruiteX, a leading recruitment index developed by TimesJobs.com, revealed stabilised hiring trends across industries in the previous month. The Hiring Outlook foresees a positive jobs market in the coming months.
Status quo: About 84% of the surveyed employers intend to either increase or maintain their staff strength. The remaining 16% foresee a minimal decrease in staff size.
Top hiring industries and roles: IT/Telecom, Healthcare, Construction, Educational/Training and BFSI to witness maximum increase (6-15%) in hiring during the next quarter. Professions such as Engineering, Sales/Business Development, Banks/Insurance/Financial Services, HR and IT/Telecom professionals are predicted to see maximum job opportunities during Oct-Dec' 2011.
Urban centres drive the demand: About 86% of respondents expect maximum hiring to be in urban centres. September RecruiteX reported rationalized hiring in major metros. The hiring outlook survey presents a positive hiring scenario in metros as well as in other major urban centres.
Recent economic conditions, has made India Inc a little careful while hiring and employers across industries have cautious hiring sentiments. Experts see it as a temporary phase and predict increased hiring in next quarter. The nature of job opportunities is expected to be specialised.
"Currently industries are witnessing stabilised hiring trend. The TimesJobs Hiring Outlook Study for Oct-Dec 2011 predicts a buoyant jobs market. Job opportunities are there but employers are treading the path cautiously. They want to wait and watch and maintain their existing staff levels. Attrition is a bigger concern than new hiring for India Inc today. Therefore, organisations are building strategies to retain employees. All these is causing hiring rate to stabilise", said Vivek Madhukar, Sr VP TimesJobs.
About the Hiring Outlook Survey
TimesJobs quarterly Hiring Outlook Survey measures the industry predictions about change in workforce volumes in the upcoming quarters. The TimesJobs Hiring Outlook Survey is conducted by TJinsite, the knowledge unit of TimesJobs. The survey is done with a selected sample which includes the employer/ recruiter across industries and locations. The gathered data is analysed and results are cross-checked and verified by conducting polls and telephonic interviews with several industry experts.