Experts Connection Presents Show Me the Money - Teleseminar on Negotiating the Best Salary
Whether You Are Ready for a New Job or Negotiating a Raise, Career Solvers' Barbara Safani Has Strategies to Show You How to Get What You Are Worth.
- (1888PressRelease) May 08, 2011 - NOVATO, Calif. -- Salary negotiation starts the first time you talk to a recruiter or hiring manager, yet most senior executives don't understand how to effectively negotiation a compensation package or a pay raise. In tough economic times, how can they negotiate the best deal without leaving money on the table? That's the topic of the next Experts Connection (http://www.experts-connection.com) teleseminar, "Show Me the Money - Executive Compensation Negotiation in Today's Marketplace," where Barbara Safani, President of Career Solvers, will offer strategies to negotiate compensation. "The teleseminar is scheduled for Wednesday, May 25, from 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET, (1:00 - 2:30 p.m. PT), and is sponsored by NETSHARE® (http://www.netshare.com).
Most people who have to negotiate a compensation package or raise are uncomfortable asking for what they believe they are worth. Often, people are afraid to ask for their true value because they don't want to appear too aggressive. However, Barbara notes that salary negotiation is an integral part of the career management process, and almost anything is negotiable. In this 90-minute teleseminar she will offer a different perspective on salary negotiation appropriate for the current economic climate. The presentation will include:
- How to change salary negotiation from a negative to a positive process.
- How to remain confident in negotiating your compensation package.
- Strategies to make salary negotiation more productive and more lucrative for you.
- Different items to negotiate as part of an overall employment package or raise.
- Techniques to increase your bargaining power during negotiation.
- How to use those same techniques to negotiate for a new job or a raise or promotion.
"When times are tough, executives tend to sabotage their careers by negotiating deals that are less than they are worth because of fear," said Katherine Simmons, CEO of NETSHARE and host of the Experts Connection teleseminars. "You need to have the confidence to ask for what you are worth, especially when times are tough - the skills you bring to the table have real value to employers. With the tips and techniques Barbara offers in this teleseminar, any executive should be able to negotiate the salary they deserve."
The Experts Connection teleseminar series gives executives access to leading career experts. The cost of the seminar is $60, $50 for NETSHARE members, and access is provided via web and telephone. For more information, visit the Experts Connection online at www.experts-connection.com.
About Barbara Safani
Barbara Safani is President of Career Solvers (http://www.careersolvers.com), and has more than 15 years of experience in career management, recruiting, executive coaching, and organizational development. Barbara partners with Fortune 100 companies and individuals to create programs on resume development, job search strategies, networking, interviewing, salary negotiation, and online identity management. Barbara is an acknowledged career expert and has appeared on CNN, ABC, Fox, and Workopolis TV, on WOR News Radio, and in print in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, and elsewhere. She holds a MA degree in Organizational Psychology from Columbia University and a BA degree in Psychology from the State University of New York, Albany.
NETSHARE (http://www.netshare.com) is a confidential, membership based organization dedicated to providing executives across all disciplines and industries with quality $100K plus job lists. NETSHARE also offers networking opportunities and a community of peers for the exchange of strategic information related to job search, professional development and best practices. NETSHARE has been recognized by Fortune and Forbes magazines as the best online destination for executive positions.
Annette ( @ ) netshare dot com
Woolf Media & Marketing
tomw ( @ ) woolfmedia dot com