Evite Releases Holiday Party Statistics and Infographic
Data from the Categorical Leader in Online Invitations Reveals December 11 is the Top 2011 Holiday Party Date and Other Trends.
- (1888PressRelease) December 09, 2011 - The holidays are here and it's time to party! Having sent nearly 250 million invitations last year, Evite, the categorical leader in online invitations and social planning, took a look at some 2011 trends in festive get-togethers.
"Some of these statistics might surprise you and some underscore what we all assume," said Hans Woolley, President, Evite. "Amidst the shopping and the stress, the cooking and the co-workers, the bottom line is, people are excited to come together and celebrate at this time of year. Within weeks, more than 13.5 million people are invited to holiday parties via Evite." A closer look at Evite holiday statistics shows:
• Black Friday sales aren't the only things looking up. Evite's average holiday guest list size is up nearly 10% this year - from 33 in 2010 to 36 this year. People made some new friends in 2011!
• Sunday's not so restful after all. Thus far in 2011, the most popular date for a holiday party is Sunday, December 11 (15%), followed by Sunday, December 18 (12%) and Saturday, December 10 (11%). Last year, the two most popular dates for holiday parties were Sunday, December 19 (13%) and Sunday, December 12 (10%).
• People plan ahead for the holidays. On average, a holiday party invitation is sent 20 days in advance. By comparison, New Year's Eve invitations are sent 16 days in advance and Super Bowl party hosts only give their guests 14 days notice.
• In 2010, more than 13.6 million people were invited to holiday parties through Evite. Of Evite's 60+ event categories, "winter holiday" was the third most popular - impressive when you consider that these parties are condensed into an eight-week period vs. the top two categories that run year-round. That's a lot of holiday cheer going on.
• 'Tis the season and taste buds are tingling! Over Thanksgiving week, "cookie exchange" was the third most popular search on Evite.
A hi-res version of the infographic is available by contacting JS2 Communications.
With more than 31 million registered users, Evite (www.evite.com) is the leading online invitation and social event planning service on the Web. Evite helps hosts get their parties started with hundreds of stylish invitation designs that are free and easy to use. Evite facilitates more than 7 million parties, get-togethers and gatherings every year, for which nearly 250 million, tree-free Evite invitations were sent in 2010 - that's more than 28,000 invitations every hour! Launched in 1998, Evite is headquartered in Los Angeles and is a wholly owned operating unit of Liberty Interactive Corporation.