Entry of Biosimilars will Expand the Demand of Cold Chain Logistic Services
A New Report from IMARC Group expects the growth of the biosimilar market to expand the demand of cold chain logistic services in the coming years.
- (1888PressRelease) November 28, 2011 - Biosimilars or generic versions of branded biological drugs are currently at a nascent stage with their 2010 sales being worth US$ 200 Million. This market, however, is expected to explode in the next few years. Driven by an increasing number of branded biologicals facing patent expiry, the combined sales of biosimilars in the US and major European markets is expected to exceed values worth US$ 8 Billion by 2016.
IMARC Group in its latest study entitled "Global Healthcare Cold Chain Logistics Market Report & Forecast (2011-2016)" finds that the increasing growth of the biosimilar market is expected to expand the demand of cold chain logistic services in the coming years. Findings from the report suggest that biosimilars are expected to cost 20% - 60% less than their branded counterparts and, as a result, will become more affordable for both patients and healthcare providers. The study expects the entry of biosimilars to expand the overall patient pool of these drugs and thereby increasing their overall shipment volumes. Findings also suggested that a number of key biosimilar manufactures are expected to be based in Asian Countries. Since the manufacturing facilities of these companies will be based in Asia and their end user markets in the US and Europe, the study expect a significant increase of biopharmaceutical exports between these regions.
IMARC's report entitled "Global Healthcare Cold Chain Logistics Market Report & Forecast (2011-2016)" provides an analytical and statistical insight into the logistic opportunities in the global healthcare market. The study that has been undertaken using both desk based as well as qualitative primary market research has analyzed three aspects of the global healthcare cold chain logistics market.
What we have achieved in this report:
Comprehensive Market Analysis of Temperature Sensitive Healthcare Products:
Classes Covered: Biopharmaceuticals, Vaccines & Clinical Trial Materials
Focus of the Analysis in Each Class:
• Drivers and challenges
• Historical sales trends
• Logistic requirements
• Impact of temperature excursions
• Opportunities in cold chain services
• Market outlook (2011-2016)
Understanding the Operations of a Healthcare Cold Chain Distribution Process
Focus of the Analysis:
• Understanding the various methods of cold chain distribution and their advantages/disadvantages
• Understanding the cold chain requirements for various temperature sensitive healthcare products and the impact of temperature excursions
• Understanding the various costs involved in cold chain transportation and comparing it with non-cold chain transportation
• Understanding the key steps required in the setting and organization of an efficient cold chain distribution process
Comprehensive Market Analysis of the Healthcare Cold Chain Logistic Services Market
Focus of the analysis:
• Quantifying the global healthcare cold chain logistic services market
• Quantifying the market size by product
• Quantifying the market size by service
• Quantifying the market size by region
Information has been sourced from both primary and secondary sources:
• Primary sources include industry surveys and face to face/telephone interviews with industry experts.
• Secondary sources include proprietary databases and search engines. These sources include company websites and reports, books, trade journals, magazines, white papers, industry portals, government sources and access to more than 4000 paid databases.
To buy the complete report or to get a free sample, please contact:
IMARC Group Asia
Email: apac ( @ ) imarcgroup dot com
IMARC Group North America
Email: america ( @ ) imarcgroup dot com
To know more please visit: http://www.imarcgroup.com/
- Krishna Sharma
- Imarc Group
- 21/601 Eastend Apartment Mayur Vihar Phase-1 Extention Delhi-110096, India
- Voice: 91-11-43095788
- Visit our Site