Ecotech Institute Names its Local Board of Advisors
Prestigious Board Comprised of Knowledgeable Industry Leaders.
- Denver, CO (1888PressRelease) January 04, 2012 - Ecotech Institute, the first and only college focused entirely on preparing America's workforce for careers in renewable energy and sustainability, today announced that it has assembled a who's who of diverse industry leaders to serve as its Local Board of Advisors. Ecotech already boasts a phenomenal National Board of Advisors that continue to be instrumental in shaping curriculum that matches what employers want.
The local board will interface with Ecotech in a variety of ways, such as speaking to students and providing job training input. In addition, the members will help students as they look for jobs and provide informational interviews so students can learn more about the green landscape from people currently working in the space.
"Ecotech is proud to be affiliated with such an impressive group of individuals and their support is invaluable to our students and staff," said Michael Seifert, president of Ecotech Institute. "We focus on preparing students for life-long careers from the moment they enroll, and our partnerships with approachable, informed leaders is a critical element to that initiative."
Ecotech's Local Board of Advisors includes:
• Jennifer Beach, Owner-Manager, Starfire Energy LLC
• Tim Cahalin, Senior Recruitment Consultant/Senior Account Executive/Editor, Energy Central
• Scott Charter, Managing Partner, GGP Energy
• Paul Czarnecki, Member, Colorado Association of Manufacturing and Technology
• Maury Dobbie, Assistant Director, Colorado State University Center for the New Energy Economy
• Greg Foster, Operations Engineer, Williams Production RMT
• Jeff Hanko, President, Metal Finishing Systems and Advanced Industrial Technology
• Roark Lanning, Turbine Engineering Manager, RES Americas
• Vance Nixon, Manager, Technical Resources, Clipper Windpower, LLC
• Justin Pentelute, CEO, Syndicated Solar, Inc.
• Matt Pevarnik, Account Executive, Alstom Power
• Marietta Silva, Corporate Partnership Manager, Veterans Green Jobs
"It is critical that students have access to industry professionals during their training and Ecotech includes this element as part of their practical education," said Jennifer Beach, Owner and Manager of Starfire Energy LLC. "I look forward to providing guidance to help ensure that students graduate with a skill set that business owners will be seeking."
To learn more about Ecotech Institute, visit us at www.ecotechinstitute.com or call 1-877-326-5576. The next round of classes begins in January 2012 and applications are being accepted now. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Multiple sources have named Ecotech a military friendly school, including Military Times Edge, which named Ecotech Institute one of the best schools for veterans: http://militarytimesedge.com/projects/best-for-veterans/best-colleges-for-veterans/2011/2-year/.
About Ecotech Institute
Ecotech Institute is the first and only college entirely focused on preparing America's workforce for careers in renewable energy and sustainability. Launched in April 2010 in Denver, Colorado, the college offers seven associate's degrees and a certificate program designed by experts in the industry for people seeking careers in the emerging cleantech economy. Ecotech Institute is a division of Education Corporation of America. For more information about Ecotech Institute, visit www.ecotechinstitute.com.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America is a leader in the post-secondary career school market with current enrollment of nearly 19,000 students. The ECA website is www.ecacolleges.com. In addition to Ecotech Institute, ECA schools include Virginia College, founded in 1983, a private institution of higher education that offers non-degree and associate's, bachelor's and master's degree programs in the areas of Health and Medical, Business, Information Technology, Interior Design, Computer Design, Culinary Arts, Cosmetology, Nursing and more in twenty different cities. Virginia College campuses are located in Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile and Montgomery, Alabama; Jacksonville and Pensacola, Florida; Augusta, Macon, Columbus and Savannah, Georgia; Biloxi and Jackson, Mississippi; Charleston, Spartanburg, Columbia, and Greenville, South Carolina; Chattanooga, Tennessee; Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Richmond, Virginia; and Austin, Texas. The Virginia College website is www.vc.edu. Virginia College also offers classes worldwide via the Internet, with student services and admissions facilities in Birmingham, Alabama, and Tampa, Florida. Information about online classes at Virginia College is available at www.vconline.edu. Additionally, ECA operates Culinard, the Culinary Institute of Virginia College, with locations in Birmingham and Mobile, Alabama; Richmond, Virginia; and Jacksonville, Florida. The website is www.culinard.com. ECA also operates Golf Academy of America, with locations in Phoenix, Arizona; San Diego, California; Orlando, Florida; and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The Golf Academy website is www.golfacademy.edu.
Jenny Foust or Alicia Hassinger
jfoust ( @ ) csg-pr dot com or ahassinger ( @ ) csg-pr dot com