Eaton Named to the "100 Best Corporate Citizens" List for the Fifth Consecutive Year By Corporate Responsibility Magazine
Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced that it has been named one of Corporate Responsibility (CR) Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens"
- (1888PressRelease) May 04, 2012 - Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced that it has been named one of Corporate Responsibility (CR) Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" for the fifth consecutive year. Eaton is ranked 17th overall, up from 33rd in 2011 and fifth in the Climate Change category.
"At Eaton, we are committed to reducing our environmental impacts, promoting the well-being of our employees, enhancing our communities, maintaining the highest standards of ethics, and developing products and solutions that help our customers improve their sustainability," said Alexander M. Cutler, Eaton chairman and chief executive officer. "We are honored by this recognition as Eaton continues to strive to be a responsible corporate citizen."
Eaton has received widespread recognition for responsible business practices; recent honors include:
• Ranked among Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies and Newsweek Magazine's Greenest Companies
• Ranked among world's top sustainability performers in NASDAQ Global Sustainability 50 Index
• One of Ethisphere Magazine's World's Most Ethical Companies, 2007 - 2012
• Cited in China's Business Watch magazine's Green "Company Top 10" and "Fast Company Top 100"
CR and IW Financial, a Portland, Maine-based research firm, reviewed the most influential U.S. public companies, drawn predominantly from the Russell 1000 Index, and evaluated them in categories including environment, climate change, human rights, employee relations, corporate governance, philanthropy and financial performance. The category rankings were weighted and averaged to determine CR's "100 Best Corporate Citizens."