earthprotect.com Emerges as a Leading Source for Gulf Oil Spill Videos and Community Activism
Leading video/social networking hub on the global environment adds new functionality, creating a global "Green YouTube and Facebook."
- (1888PressRelease) July 13, 2010 - Denver - earthprotect.com, fast becoming the leading video and social networking hub focused exclusively on the worldwide environment, re-launched with several new features designed to bring people around the world together to move "from image to action" to achieve a sustainable future. Taking a leadership role in committing to in-depth and long-term coverage of the worst environmental disaster in United States history. Earth Protect has created a category and rich content on the Gulf Oil Spill. Earth Protect will offer www.earthprotect.com site Visitors and Members the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people from the Gulf of Mexico region suffering economic, health and environmental harm through donating to Earth Protect's partner from the region, Greater New Orleans Foundation's Gulf Oil Spill Fund. The campaign will run for the entire launch period of July 12 to August 31, 2010. 100% OF EACH DONATION GOES TO THE GULF OIL SPILL FUND WHEN MADE THROUGH EARTH PROTECT (HTTP://WWW.EARTHPROTECT.COM/DONATE/500-GNOF-CAMPAIGN.HTML).
First launched in April 2009, Earth Protect marries the "edutainment" power of film and video with the enormous popularity of social networking. The NEW Earth Protect takes a major leap forward, incorporating several new features, including:
• Expanded environmental categories for helpful targeting of user interests
• Environmental profiles linking users in communities of shared interests
• User formed discussion groups
• An "action" window making it easy to move "from image to action"
• A donation tool so users can support environmental causes
"With environmental videos, groups, blog, social networking, nonprofit partners and green businesses, we are the one-stop shop for information on protecting the earth," said Carol Barbeito, President and Managing Director of Earth Protect. "We are connecting people and organizations to drive real change for the health of the planet."
Earth Protect has already developed an avid following through the power of its comprehensive video library, hundreds of blog articles plus the diversity of its users, which span the globe and encompass 179 countries.
"Earth Protect is an idea whose time has come." Hugh Lavery, Ph.D., Inaugural Environmental Practitioner of the Year 2009, AU/NZ
"I'd like to thank you for the excellent information I've found on earthprotect.com, it's one of my favorite readings on the net." Shannon
"Earth Protect is MY social networking site, I am on it everyday, I love to share videos with my friends." Brandon
Featuring more than a thousand videos and films, Earth Protect covers the world environment through 32 categories. Over 40 nonprofits partner with Earth Protect including: Jane Goodall's Roots and Shoots, Youth Services America, Earth Charter, Alliance for Sustainable Colorado, Tree Musketeers and Wild Dolphin Project, Australia Koala Foundation and more.
In 2010, Earth Protect will host several significant world environmental forums and programs. The first, began in February 2010, is "Charting the Future: Young People Act on Climate Change," an alliance of Earth Force, US branch of the International Charter of Human Responsibilities, North American Association of Environmental Education and Earth Protect.com (www.earthprotect.com).
About Earth Protect
Earth Protect is a leading online social networking community and video site for the planet, where those seeking sustainable change can link, learn and be entertained through the universal language of film.
Dr. Carol Barbeito
carol ( @ ) earthprotect dot com