DFE Launches New Heavy-duty Tension Transducer
Dover Flexo Electronics (DFE) has launched their new rugged 'F' transducer, a high-accuracy tension measurement device with a flat-top surface that allows it to be mounted mount under a pillow block bearing.
- (1888PressRelease) June 20, 2012 - Rochester, NH : Tension transducers, often referred to as 'load cells', sense an applied force and send a propor-tional voltage signal to a display or tension controller. The ability to accurately measure tension helps machine operators improve the consistency and quality of the flat, flexible materials manufactured in the converting, nonwovens, pulp and paper, and boxboard industries.
While most transducers mount in pairs onto the shaft ends of the idler rolls in a machine's web path, the F-type transducers install under pillow block bearings that support each end of a live-shaft idler roll. This robust mounting configuration works for heavier loads and applications that involve winding or unwinding at higher tensions, as in the paper industry.
Designed for use in demanding tension measurement environments, the F transducer's shell consists of a single-piece aluminum base with a removable stainless steel top plate. A rubber seal between the base and top plate prevents water intrusion and other contamination. The transducer's electrical connector is located at the end of a short cable for easy access during in-stallation.
• Low-maintenance, corrosion-resistant design can be installed in any orientation
• Measures loads ranging from under 100 lbs up to 5,000 lbs
• Two standard sizes with an 8-inch and 11-inch long top plate
• Tethered top-plate safety feature and mechanical stops protect from overloads
• Meets IP 65 standard for ingress protection
Data sheets are available for download or as hard copy. Hi-res images available.
Dover Flexo Electronics, Inc manufactures and supports a full line of web tension measurement, display and control equipment for the printing, packaging and converting industries. Products in-clude tension transducers, load cells, amplifiers, indicators, automatic controllers, pneumatic brakes and custom engineered solutions.