D-M-E, a leading manufacturer and supplier of moulding systems for the plastics and die cast industries implements Sage Accpac ERP
Sage partner WoodApple has customized the manufacturing component on the Accpac platform.
- (1888PressRelease) November 25, 2010 - Sage India today announced that D-M-E Company (India) Pvt Ltd has implemented Sage Accpac ERP to manage their manufacturing and operations.
D-M-E has operations spread across 33 countries serving customers in more than 70 locations. The company manufactures and supplies mould bases, mould components and moulding systems for the plastics and die cast industries.Their Indian operations is based in Bangalore and their custom mould bases manufacturing unit is in Belgaum, Karnataka.
The solution addresses the following unique aspects of the business,
• They purchase basic raw material (Metal sheets of various thickness) by weight and consume in numbers (by cutting them into pieces of required sizes). In other words they procure the basic raw material in the form of coils and bars and they cut these into pieces of various dimensions.
• They need to track the raw material (cut-sheets) by serializing the item for quality control purpose. When there is any quality issue with the finished product then the system should be able to track the raw material used for manufacturing the product with its serial number.
• They need to optimize the consumption of the raw material by reducing the wastage during the cutting process. They need to identify the availability of raw material of required shape & size in the inventory.
• One of their manufacturing requirements is to create detailed 'Bill of Material' of various levels for each product. That means one Bill of material may have an item which is manufactured in a separate process using another Bill of material. This can go up to many level of bill of materials and the system should be able to track this efficiently.
• The system should enable them to monitor and optimize the scrap and wastages. This is possible when the dimension of the cut pieces is also captured in the system and tracked along with the coil dimensions from which the pieces are cut thus reducing the wastage.
Mr. N.S. Krishnakumar, Managing Director, D-M-E Company (India) Pvt Ltd , said, " The manufacturing process followed by us is fairly unique and we required complete flexibility within what a standard ERP package could offer. Also, it was important for us to work with an implementation partner who could understand our business and develop processes of relevance to us. Sage Accpac ERP offers a robust framework for D-M-E to develop specific processes that could streamline our business".
Mr. Debajit Roy, CEO, WoodApple UnikSolutionz (P) Ltd, said, " The D-M-E ERP project was won by us because of our expertise & focus in the manufacturing segment. D-M-E wanted a simple, user friendly solution that can be customised to meet their complex manufacturing requirements and can be supported by a team with domain and technical expertise. We won the project because Sage Accpac ERP is robust and user friendly and WoodApple as the implementation partner had the required technical skill sets on Sage Accpac Software Development Kit to create the manufacturing module. Because of our expertise, we could confidently commit the required solution to be delivered on time."
Mr. Thomas Abraham, Managing Director, Sage India, added, " Sage has developed strong partners with domain and development skills on the Sage Accpac platform. This gives us great flexibility to address a myriad of needs that exist in the Indian manufacturing industry. Our focus is completely on successful implementations and ability to quickly replicate our success across the entire industry with a great reference. We will be focusing across the industrial belts of Karnataka with this robust solution in the months ahead. "
In 1942, I.T. Quarnstrom founded Detroit Mold Engineering (today's D-M-E Company) to provide mold bases in standard sizes, ready for machining of the cavity. That was the beginning of the D-M-E tradition of industry-leading innovation and standardization. Seven decades later, D-M-E is still making moldmakers, molders and designers more efficient and more productive through new products and services. Significant advances in mold tooling technology are the D-M-E story. With seven decades of making moldmakers, molders and designers more efficient and more productive, D-M-E has become an essential resource to the industry. D-M-E products, namely, Mold Bases and Plates, Mold Components, Quick-Change Systems, Hot Runner Systems, Cold Runner Systems, Control Systems etc. continue to set industry standards in tooling technology against which all others are compared. D-M-E is also developing global product platforms that provide reliability to its multinational customers, while allowing for regional customization. And through rigorous, continuous quality assurance and control measures, D-M-E ensures the superior quality and design of every product it provides. For more details, please visit www.dme.net
WoodApple UnikSolutionz Pvt Ltd is a software services company based out of Bangalore delivering projects across the country. It provides services in ERP & CRM implementation, Business Process Re-engineering, Application Development and Maintainence, and specialises in product development and 3rd party system integration. WoodApple is a certified implementation & development partner of Sage for their range of products offered in India. Auto-components Manufacturing, Online marketing, Telecom services and Tours & Travel are the few industry segments WoodApple has created domain and technical expertise to deliver successful projects. 'Quality Delivery at the Right Price' is the uniqueness in WoodApple's offering. The three business divisions are:
• Business Consulting & Applications (BCA) Division: Sage ERP, CRM, BI & Payroll
• Technology Solutions (TS) Division: Customized software development and add-on modules for packaged software
• Product Development (PD) Division: Vertical Products on Sage platform & innovative products on mobile and web platforms.
Visit us at: www.woodappleunik.com Email: reachus ( @ ) woodappleunik dot com
Tel: +91 80 42289006 | 42289191 - 92 Mobile: +91 9900093129 | 9611930062
About Sage India
Sage India. is a subsidiary of the £1, 295m Sage Group plc, a leading international supplier of business management software solutions and related products and services for small to mid-sized businesses. Formed in 1981, Sage was floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1989 and the group now has 6.2 million customers and employs over 13000 people worldwide. Sage is one of the market leaders in the UK, US, Europe and South Asia. It works with over 30,000 reseller partners and over 40,000 accountants worldwide.
Sage has been present in India since 2001 with Head office in New Delhi and branches in Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai and over 40 employees in India across Sales, Pre Sales, Technical Support, Professional Services, R&D and Finance. Sage has over 50 partners in India who sell and implement its ERP, CRM & Payroll solutions and over 2500 customers who use its products in India.
Sage products in India are,
1. Sage Accpac ERP
2. Sage SalesLogix
3. Sage CRM
4. ACT! by Sage
5. Sage Pocket