Cushman & Wakefield's Medina to Speak at Meadowlands Chamber Event
Keynote Address Will Focus on Importance of Leadership in Networking Groups.
- Bergen-Passaic, NJ (1888PressRelease) April 19, 2012 - Gualberto "Gil" Medina, executive managing director of commercial real estate services firm Cushman & Wakefield, Inc., will serve as keynote speaker for the Meadowlands Regional Chamber's 2012 Leadership Luncheon on Thursday, April 26. He will talk about why leadership within organizations like the Meadowlands Regional Chamber is so important.
The Meadowlands Regional Chamber is a progressive business group that currently represents close to 1,100 members, ranging from small independent businesses to Fortune 500 organizations. "Networks like the one fostered within the Meadowlands Regional Chamber provide vital connections and sources of information to help businesses and professionals move forward and succeed," Medina said. "We all are stakeholders in upholding New Jersey as a great place to live, work and play. Those responsible for leading the charge take on a vital role."
To that end, the Meadowlands Regional Chamber will present its annual Arline Simpson Leadership Award at the luncheon, honoring those who have contributed both to the community and to the chamber. The 2012 honorees will include:
• Daniel Baer, PB America, Inc.
• Donnett Barnett Verley, Verizon Communications
• Tom Bogdansky, Freeman PB America, Inc.
• Robert Ceberio, RCM Ceberio, LLC
• Vivian Colon, Candlewood Suites
• Robert Kilroy, Jewel Electric Supply
• Steven Leitner, NAI James E. Hanson
• Tom Martucci, Homewood Suites by Hilton
• Kevin O'Connor, United Water
• Toni Pinto, Renaissance Meadowlands
• Frank Recine, Newmark Knight Frank
• Andrea Schrager, Meadowlands Consumer Centers
• Linsey Schwetje, IntermediaPost
Medina, himself, is a past recipient of the Arline Simpson Leadership Award. He joined Cushman & Wakefield's East Rutherford office in 2002 and assumed his current position there in 2005. He maintains responsibility for operations at the firm's three New Jersey offices. An attorney and CPA, Medina is well-known in the state for his role as state commerce secretary under the Whitman Administration, in which he planned and implemented business climate and organizational reforms that dramatically improved New Jersey's economy. Medina maintains deep, wide-ranging involvement in governmental, business and community organizations.
The 2012 Leadership Luncheon will take place at The Graycliff in Moonachie (122 Moonachie Ave.), beginning at noon. For more information or to register, visit the Meadowlands Regional Chamber website, meadowlands.org.