Celebrate 2012 With Pacific's Edge Winemaker Series in the Legendary Wine Room! Pacific's Edge Announces 6 New Winemakers Dinners for 2012
Mark your Calendars!Pacific's Edge at Hyatt Carmel Highlands announced today the 2012 Winemaker Series. The First Winemakers Dinner of 2012 will take place Thursday, February 2nd at 6:00pm.
- Salinas, CA (1888PressRelease) December 27, 2011 - Pacific's Edge at Hyatt Carmel Highlands,120 Highlands Drive, Carmel, Wine Director Paul Fried announced today the 2012 Winemaker Series that will take place in Pacific's Edge legendary wine room.
Fried has spent the last several months crafting the perfect wineries for the series. Today he has announced the first 6 wineries for 2012:
• Thursday, February 2nd -- Siduri/Novy
• Thursday, March 15 - Hall/Roessler
• Thursday, April 19 - Justin Vineyards
• Thursday, May 3 - Pride Mountain
• Thursday, June 7 - Littorai
• Thursday, June 21 - A Farewell to Foie
First Winemakers Dinner of 2012 Thursday, February 2nd:
Save the date of February 2nd beginning at 6:00 p.m.! Pacific's Edge will host its first Winemakers Dinner of 2012 -- An evening with the wines of Adam and Diana Lee - SIDURI & NOVY FAMILY WINERY The Lees began this labor of love some 18 years ago, and they focus on producing the highest quality Pinot Noir in the most natural and traditional way at their winery in Santa Rosa. The majority of their wines are single vineyard offerings from more than 20 different properties stretching from Santa Barbara to Willamette Valley of Oregon, including several of Monterey's best known vineyards. The evening will feature a reception, and a five-course meal! Chef Matt Bolton is working on menu details as we speak!
Fried announced that the wines for this event are:
• Reception: 2010 Novy Family Winery Sauvignon Blanc Russian River Valley
• Course One: 2010 Novy Family Winery Chardonnay 'Rosella's Vineyard' Santa Lucia Highlands
• Course Two: 2009 Siduri Pinot Noir 'Chehalem Mountains' Willamette Valley, Oregon
• Course Three: 2010 Siduri Pinot Noir 'Garys' Vineyard' Santa Lucia Highlands
• Course Four: 2009 Novy Family Winery Syrah 'Susan's Hill Vineyard' Santa Lucia Highlands
• Dessert: 2010 Oley Late Harvest Viognier Russian River Valley
Prices and menu details will be announced the first week of January. Reservations are highly-recommended. Please contact Pacific's Edge at (831) 622-5445 or visit www.pacificsedge.com.
Background on Pacific's Edge:
Pacific's Edge is an award winning, glass-walled restaurant with spectacular ocean vistas. Our "California Coastal" cuisine provides the freshest local ingredients, meats and seafood, with dishes that meld a seasonal focus with sophisticated comfort food in a convivial ambiance that makes it appealing for everyday dining or any special occasion. Pacific's Edge has received AAA 4 Diamond awards year after year, and has been named one of the Top 100 Restaurants in the United States by Zagat and one of the Top Ten Restaurants with a View by USA Today. Wine Spectator has lauded our wine list throughout the years with both Grand and Best of Award of Excellence awards.
Paul Fried Wine Director:
With more than fifteen years of expertise in all facets of wine and personnel management in the country's top restaurants, Fried brings a refreshing and creative approach to the wine program at Highlands Inn. Boasting extensive experience with top resorts with four-star, four-diamond restaurants, including Marinus Restaurant at Bernardus Lodge and L'Auberge de Sedona in Arizona, Fried was most recently Director of Wine for the ultra-luxe St. Regis Deer Crest Resort in Park City, Utah. There he was responsible for over half a million dollars in wine inventory, created an award-winning wine list, and spearheaded a training and an education program for all line and sommelier staff.
Marci Bracco (831) 747-7455