CBT College (College Of Business & Technology) Announces Expansion Of Its Scholarship Programs
Since June 2010, CBT College has awarded $500,000 in scholarships.
- (1888PressRelease) February 04, 2011 - Miami, FL - CBT College an academic and career education institution based in Miami, Florida operating five campuses in the greater Miami-Dade area, today announced that it will not raise their fees despite the spikes in tuition across the nation at several educational institutions. Instead, it is planning to expand its scholarship programs across the board including to international students. As well, for the New Year and until February 15th, the school is waiving its application fees for students that are interested in attending CBT College, www.cbt.edu.
CBT College is very proud to be expanding its scholarships program, and to date, the college has awarded more than $500,000 in scholarships for its students in the past year. "Instead of scaring students away by tuition hikes and default loans being reported to be at an all time high, we felt it was important to be able to create and expand the educational opportunities to all our students, whether they are from the local community or abroad," said, Luis Llerena, Executive Director of CBT College.
Currently, CBT College's exclusive scholarships include:
• Reach Out America Scholarship
For International Students in the ESL program
• Success Scholarship Match Program
CBT College matches up to $500 of the payments made by the student during the year
• Fernando Llerena Scholarship
For students in the ESL Program
• Gladys Llerena Achievement Scholarship
For students in the Associate of Science Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating Technology (HVAC) or Electrical Technology Degree Programs
• Make a Change (MAC Scholarship)
For transfer students
• Work Force Scholarship
For South Florida Workforce students in a program with more than 20 Credits (excluding ESL) that are approved by South Florida Workforce
CBT College also offers additional scholarships and grants, as well as Financial Aid for students that qualify.
"Many of the scholarship programs we provide our students come from having partnerships and alliances with companies from the communities our campuses are located in. We are always looking for ways to award our students for higher education and hands-on career training in hopes of alleviating the stress of having to pay more for education. Ultimately our goal is to provide all our students with an education that will help them excel in both their personal lives and in their careers."
For more information on CBT College, call (786) 693-8813, or visit their website at www.cbt.edu.
Contacts: Veronica Villegas
International Relations Director
veronica ( @ ) cbt dot edu
About CBT College
CBT College is an academic and career education institution based in Miami, Florida and operates five campuses in the greater Miami-Dade area, including in the Flagler area of the city, Kendall, West Kendall, Hialeah, and in Cutler Bay. CBT College is Nationally accredited by ACICS (Accredited Council for Independent Colleges & Schools), certified by the U.S. Department of Education, licensed by the Commission for Independent Education (CIE), and under the regulation of the Florida's Statewide Numbering System.
CBT College was founded in 1988 by Fernando and Gladys Llerena with the mission to prepare and graduate students with the highest moral, technical and professional excellence who will build a better life for themselves, their families and their community.