Casino Reduces Storage Cutting Restore Time from Days to Minutes by Replacing Tape and Backup Exec with AppAssure's Replay
Award-winning backup and recovery software Replay helps Casino's IT budget save at least $7,000 per year.
- (1888PressRelease) September 11, 2010 - Reston, VA - AppAssure Software, Inc., a provider of innovative Windows server backup and disaster recovery software, announced today that its flagship backup and recovery product, Replay 4, has helped solve Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe's Royal River Casino's overwhelming challenge of cataloging tapes for small backup requests coupled with complex data retention policies and disk or tape storage space issues.
"Having a complete and instantly mountable copy of file and SQL data with Replay, with de-duplication that cuts our disk storage needs in half has been amazing," exclaims IT Manager, Francisco Shillander. "The de-duplication is vital because we do not have an abundance of storage."
With their pervious solution Backup Exec 12.5 and manual SQL backups, notes Shillander, "Even with compression, we couldn't attain complete copies of server data due to the amount of space required….it was challenging."
Royal River estimates that the IT budget alone is saving at least $7,000 per year with Replay - due in part to the 8x on-average de-duplication ratio: for every 10GB of data backed up, they physically store only 1.2GB thanks to Replay's de-duplication features. "We're looking at around 90% storage savings. That's incredible," says Shillander.
As Royal River Casino & Hotel's IT department moves towards virtualizing most of their server farm, they plan to take advantage of Replay's replication for VM standbys, migrations to VM, and having synchronized recovery images ready for a disaster.
• Eliminates the backup window
• Creates point-in-time images continuously
• Reduces server down-time allowing users to access applications (including e-mail) during a live recovery
• Reduces disk space upwards of 80% with built-in data de-duplication and compression
• Allows for recovery or messages, files, databases, storage groups or the entire server from bare-metal in just a few clicks
Companies can download a free 14-day trial of the award-winning Replay 4 at:
About Royal River Casino
Founded in 1990 and owned by the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe, Royal River Casino & Hotel is hailed as one of South Dakota's premier entertainment destinations. Located just 45 miles north of Sioux Falls, SD, Royal River Casino & Hotel services more than 70,000 guests each year in its hotel, restaurants, gaming floors, and live entertainment facility. Royal River's IT department has shaped its infrastructure around virtualization and IP telephony communication. Using Windows servers, they support the Aristocrat Oasis software environment, Exchange server, multiple SQL servers, Windows clusters, and ESX 4/vSphere 4 with high availability. For gaming systems, as well as for on-campus IHS Clinic services, IT is required to uphold strict standards for compliance with regard to backup and archiving practices for all tribal affairs.
About AppAssure Software
AppAssure Software is a provider of innovative backup and disaster recovery software purpose-built for Windows applications. Designed to protect the applications, not just the data, AppAssure solutions deliver high-value features for reliable data protection that is corruption-free. As a result, IT administrators can have the confidence that their Windows applications are completely protected and easily recoverable in the event of data loss or disaster. AppAssure's flagship product, Replay 4 is an application-aware, disk-based imaging solution that automatically and continuously images your entire Windows application server delivering accelerated application backups and disaster recovery for Windows servers in minutes. For more information about AppAssure Software, visit http://www.appassure.com.
stoole ( @ ) appassure dot com