Bradford Charity To Help More Disabled Athletes Achieve Their Potential
Bradford Disability Sport & Leisure (BDSL) has received a donation of £5,000 from Sovereign Health Care which will enable more disabled athletes in the Bradford District.
- (1888PressRelease) September 17, 2011 - BRADFORD, West Yorkshire Bradford Disability Sport & Leisure (BDSL) has received a donation of £5,000 from Sovereign Health Care which will enable more disabled athletes in the Bradford District to continue competing in all forms of sport. Sovereign Health Care is one of the UK's longest established providers of health care cash plans ( http://www.sovereignhealthcare.co.uk/individuals/about-health-care-cash-plans/ ).
The charity was awarded the funding by the Sovereign Health Care Charitable Trust ( http://www.sovereignhealthcare.co.uk/about-us/charitable-trust/ ). Hilary White Chairperson of BDSL says: "We're extremely grateful for this donation - it will enable our athletes as well as new members to achieve their true athletic potential by enjoying various sporting activities such as archery, kayaking, cycling and orienteering."
BDSL work in partnership with other providers of sport and recreation to deliver a wide and diverse range of sporting opportunities to disabled people of all ages. Transport is available for members and activities include everything from darts, table tennis, snooker to golf and power-lifting. Four of the organisation's athletes recently won seven medals at the Special Olympics World Games in Athens.
Russ Piper, Sovereign Health Care chief executive adds: "We are delighted to be able to help BDSL continue to provide an excellent service which is helping many local disabled people of all ages develop their true sporting potential, whilst meeting new friends."
He added: "We're committed to raising awareness of the benefits of good health and wellbeing so supporting BDSL and the fantastic impact that it has on our local communities was a natural choice for us."
The Sovereign Health Care Charitable Trust was set up to provide much needed help for voluntary and charitable organisations that support those less fortunate. It is committed to donating over £500,000 to health related charities and good causes in 2011.
For more information about Bradford Disability Sport & Leisure visit: www.bradforddisabilitysports.co.uk ( http://www.bradforddisabilitysports.co.uk/ )
- Sovereign Health Care is one of the UK's longest established providers of health care cash plans to individuals and businesses
- A health care cash plan is an affordable alternative to PMI. Cash plans are designed to be used and pay tax free cash back on everyday health costs such as dental care and glasses
- 95% of Sovereign Health Care's customers would recommend them to a friend.
"Sovereign Health Care Customers Survey"
- The Sovereign Health Care Charitable Trust has donated in excess of £3.5 million to community and health related charities over the past 6 years
Issued by Golley Slater PR on behalf of Sovereign Health Care. For further information, please contact Kim Bailey or Michelle Oliver on 01943 48 48 48 or email kim.bailey ( @ ) golleyslater dot co.uk or michelle.oliver ( @ ) golleyslater dot co.uk.