BioProcess International Extends Deadline for the BioProcess International Technology of the Decade Award to June 30, 2012
The nominations deadline has been extended to June 30, 2012
The Awards reception and ceremony has been moved to Tuesday, October 9, 5-8pm, as part of the BioProcess International Conference and Exhibition in Providence, Rhode Island.
- (1888PressRelease) April 20, 2012 - "Incorporating the BPI Award reception into the BPI Conference allows the bioprocessing and manufacturing industry to celebrate and recognize the accomplishments of the past decade while giving a great perspective on the future growth and possibilities of the industry" said Elizabeth Gormley, Managing Director, IBC Life Sciences. "Every year, the BPI Conference brings together thought-leaders, visionaries, and experts on technical and scientific solutions that help progress advancements in the industry and we are very excited to work with the BioProcess International to honor these achievements."
"The BPI Conference is the event for the bioprocessing industry; it only made sense that we utilize this platform to enhance the awards' impact and share them with this targeted audience," said Brian Caine, BPI's Publisher, "While we have been impressed by the volume of nominations we've received, the new date for the Awards reception and ceremony allows BPI to extend the nominations deadline which will ensure all interested parties have the opportunity to submit their nominations for best technology, best technology application, best collaboration, and thought leader of the decade."
The Technology of the Decade Award
The award recognizes suppliers to the biopharmaceutical industry who have responded to evolving needs with innovative, forward-thinking materials, products, and tools for analysis and process modeling. Nominees/applicants are supplier companies or individuals representing them - worldwide - who have championed adoption of game-changing proprietary tools and equipment. Over the past decade, such innovations have had a significant impact on the way biopharmaceutical companies approach individual phases of drug development and manufacturing. Entrants may be honored for introducing equipment, raw materials, and/or tools that significantly enable companies to expedite processes and accelerate market entry.
The 2012 BioProcess International Awards - Honoring a Decade of BioProcess
The 2012 BioProcess International Awards were created to celebrate the dramatic transformations and advances that re-wrote the rule book on developing, manufacturing and delivering biotherapeutics faster and less expensively than ever before.
Four awards will be granted within each of the three pillars of bioprocessing (Upstream Processing, Downstream Processing and Manufacturing):
* Technology of the Decade (supplier-based)
* Technical Application of the Decade (end-user based)
* Collaboration of the Decade
* Thought Leader of the Decade
Suggested nomination technologies:
Upstream Processing: fermentation, cell culture, single-use, production platforms, expression systems, outsourcing, validation
Downstream Processing: separation, purification, filtration, stability, virus removal
Manufacturing: forumulation, fill, finish, outsourcing, facility design, logistics, global distribution, international production
To submit a nomination or request sponsorship information, please visit: http://www.bioprocessintl.com/awards