Bilzin Sumberg Names Four New Partners
Latest promotions will further enhance the firm's litigation, land use and corporate practices.
- Miami, FL (1888PressRelease) January 11, 2012 - Bilzin Sumberg Baena Price & Axelrod LLP is pleased to announce that Andres G. Mendoza, Melissa C. Pallett-Vásquez, William W. Riley and David T. Schubauer have been elected as new partners, effective January 1, 2012. Ms. Pallett-Vásquez joins the partnership in the firm's Litigation Group, Mr. Riley became partner in the Land Use & Government Relations Group, and Messrs. Mendoza and Schubauer became partners in the firm's Corporate & Securities Group.
"We are pleased to announce that Andy, Melissa, William and David have been selected to become partners of the firm," said John C. Sumberg, managing partner of Bilzin Sumberg Baena Price & Axelrod LLP. "They are all exceptional attorneys who have made valuable contributions to the firm and we look forward to their continued growth."
• Andres G. Mendoza graduated with a J.D. from the University of Miami, School of Law and focuses his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private investment funds, joint ventures, securities and corporate governance. Mr. Mendoza has represented public and private companies in a broad range of corporate transactions, including mergers, tender offers, acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, private placements and private fund formations. Mr. Mendoza joined Bilzin Sumberg in 2007.
• Melissa C. Pallett-Vásquez graduated with a J.D. from the University of Florida, Levin College of Law and focuses her practice on commercial contract disputes and real estate-related litigation. She has handled litigation involving class actions, multi-district litigation, construction defect and Chinese drywall claims, partnership disputes, employment contracts, business torts and securities claims. Ms. Pallett-Vásquez joined Bilzin Sumberg in 2005.
• William W. Riley graduated with a J.D. from the University of Florida Levin, College of Law. His practice focuses on representing developers and construction lenders seeking development and approvals during the comprehensive planning, zoning, subdivision and permitting process. Mr. Riley regularly represents clients in government procurement, code compliance and land use appellate matters. Mr. Riley joined Bilzin Sumberg in 2002.
• David T. Schubauer, graduated with a J.D. from the New York Law School. He concentrates his practice in the areas of securities law, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law. Mr. Schubauer represents public and private companies in a broad range of corporate transactions, including public offerings, PIPEs, private equity, debt and venture capital transactions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and organizing private investment funds. Mr. Schubauer joined Bilzin Sumberg in 2006.
About Bilzin Sumberg
Bilzin Sumberg Baena Price & Axelrod LLP is a commercial law firm with extensive experience in the areas of commercial finance, corporate and securities, environmental law, land use and government relations, litigation, real estate, restructuring and bankruptcy, tax and wealth preservation planning. For more information, please visit www.bilzin.com.