benefitsCONNECT(R) Announces Real-Time Integration with Humana
Integration provides brokers with a comprehensive solution that more efficiently serves the needs of large employer groups by delivering self-service benefits enrollment for Humana products, as well as offerings from other carriers.
- Sacramento, CA (1888PressRelease) March 26, 2012 - benefitsCONNECT®, a leading provider of web-based software applications for the health and benefits industry, today announces the real-time integration of benefitsCONNECT® with health and wellness company Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM). benefitsCONNECT® is an online benefits enrollment and administration system that provides one-stop benefits management and fully automated EDI data exchange connectivity among employer groups, insurance carriers, TPAs, payroll vendors, and brokers. With a few clicks, employees can now easily enroll in Humana's insurance products from within benefitsCONNECT®.
Employees start their benefits enrollment in benefitsCONNECT® where they verify eligibility and census information. After this information is saved, they are directed through their benefits selection, including any Humana benefits being offered, which are embedded within benefitsCONNECT®. After completing all elections, employees may review their election details, which are displayed in a convenient and understandable format.
"We are pleased to partner with Humana to help facilitate an employee self-service process that not only streamlines enrollment, but also reduces the administrative burden for employer groups," says Ja'Nene Kane, President / COO of benefitsCONNECT®. "The ability to integrate enrollment for benefit offerings from other carriers further extends the functionality of benefitsCONNECT® and demonstrates Humana's forward-thinking collaborative approach, which is changing the way brokers and employer groups deliver benefits."
"We're excited to expand our enrollment and ongoing benefit administration technology options to include benefitsCONNECT®," said TJ Gibb, Humana Vice President and National Practice Leader. "Partnering with leading edge technology companies such as benefitsCONNECT® allows Humana to deliver seamless solutions to our customers."
benefitsCONNECT®, a web-based benefits administration and enrollment system, provides HRIS functionality to the employer and employee, payroll and vendor data integration, consolidated billing, employee benefits and statements, employee self-service and communications, manager self-service and communications, broker commission tracking, as well as COBRA and FSA/HRA tracking. Enrollment and eligibility data is exchanged electronically though an advanced, EDI-enabled, Software as a Service (SaaS) platform.
About Transcend Technologies Group, Inc.
Founded in 2001, Transcend Technologies Group, Inc. (dba benefitsCONNECT®) is a privately held company that specializes in Internet-based software applications for the health insurance and benefits industry. Transcend licenses benefitsCONNECT® for benefits administration and online enrollment and agencyMANAGER for agency management functionality, and has established clients in 43 states who entrust their book of business to benefitsCONNECT® products. For additional information, visit www.benefitsCONNECT.net, or contact Sales at 916-421-4000 or sales ( @ ) benefitsCONNECT dot net dot
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company's web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
• Annual reports to stockholders
• Securities and Exchange Commission filings
• Most recent investor conference presentations
• Quarterly earnings news releases
• Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls
• Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors)
• Corporate Governance information