Bellurbis launches offering for educational institutes and publishers
Bellurbis, a leading developer of mobile apps, has launched end to end offering for educational institutions and publishes looking to move to smartphones and tablets.
- (1888PressRelease) April 09, 2012 - Everywhere you look, people are using their smart phones, iPads, and tablets to access the Web. With the proliferation of such devices, it's only natural to start tinkering with the idea of exploring opportunities that can be created and explored. The increasing usage of smartphones is causing a tectonic shift in the education and publishing industry. Some of these changes include:
• Increased proliferation of tablet and smartphones in the market, forcing schools to relent and allow devices into schools.
• Improved broadband access to account for increased mobile tech use.
• A surge in "bring your own device" (and the need to accommodate for it) in schools as students use their own mobile tech for school and home learning.
• Expanded use of ebooks and online instructional materials as the main learning resource rather than as supplementary pieces.
• Rise of digital content curation services to help users make sense of all available resources.
• Growth in creation of and use of open source materials that allow for greater collaboration and cross-device use.
• Further integration of social networking integrated into learning to increase student collaboration and connections with teachers.
• Move to cloud computing and online classroom management systems that gather student achievement data and allow for more personalized instruction.
• Adoption of the flipped classroom, where the traditional lecture is accessed at home through videos or podcasts, and the students spend their class time working with teachers and peers on projects, discussions, and collaborative learning.
• Explosion of "truly educational gaming."
These trends have got educational organizations and publishers to start looking at mobile. However, they are faced with questions such as how to go about mobility, which technology to use, which platforms to consider etc. To help such companies, leading mobile app developer Bellurbis has come out with end to end offering to help them embrace mobility. The offerings include:
• Complete design of creatives, images and wireframes needed for apps, eReaders and learning management systems.
• Content digitization and conversion into ePub and XML format
• Development of apps and complete backend and CMS for various platforms such iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows and HTML5.
• Porting Flash content into native apps and HTML5
• Deployment on app stores and distribution.
Mobile devices are here to stay, and they're capable of delivering e-learning content. It is only a matter of time that publishers and educational companies jump on the mobile bandwagon. And they need experienced and domain expert partners such as Bellurbis to help them in this transition.
Bellurbis is a mobile applications and solutions company working for various media companies, telecom operators, enterprises and content providers. Bellurbis harnesses the immense power of mobile technologies to solve compelling business problems. Bellurbis is represented by a management team with rich domain expertise backed by solid business experience to deliver superior mobile solutions.