Axium Healthcare Pharmacy, Inc. Exceeds MASAC Recommendation #188 Standards
Medical and Scientific Advisory Council (MASAC) is the medical council to the National Hemophilia Foundation comprised of physicians, scientists, and other health care providers from Hemophilia Treatment Centers around the U.S. and abroad.
- (1888PressRelease) November 20, 2010 - Lake Mary, Fla - Axium Healthcare Pharmacy, one of the nation's largest independent specialty pharmacy providers, announced today that the National Hemophilia Foundation has included Axium as one of the pharmacy providers that meets or exceeds the MASAC Recommendation #188 Standards.
Medical and Scientific Advisory Council (MASAC) is the medical council to the National Hemophilia Foundation comprised of physicians, scientists, and other health care providers from Hemophilia Treatment Centers around the U.S. and abroad. In 2008, MASAC publishes these guidelines for standards of service in hemophilia, which includes the following:
• Knowledgeable staff of clotting factor concentrates and ancillary supplies
• Providing a full range of available concentrates, including assays, vials sizes, and ancillaries
• Following strict guidelines for timely filling and delivery of prescriptions
• Providing 24-hour emergency access to pharmacy staff
• Recordkeeping, Billing and Product Recall processes
"As new companies enter the hemophilia market, MASAC recognition is significant. Axium is pleased to be part of this recognition" stated Lien Pham, PharmD, Vice President of Pharmacy Operations. "The MASAC recognition provides our payers, physicians, and patients the assurance that the patients will always receive the optimal quality of care and service."
About Axium Healthcare Pharmacy:
Axium Healthcare Pharmacy, Inc. is one of the nation's largest independent specialty pharmacy providers licensed and permitted to operate in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Axium focuses on therapy management programs for patients with serious and chronic conditions. Therapy management programs include: Hepatitis C, Oncology, Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hemophilia, Growth Hormone Deficiency plus others. Through Axium's therapy management program, Axium is able to deliver high-quality, patient-focused care and personalized superior service combined with dedicated clinical expertise which further brings a new level of care for the patients.
Axium's clinical team provides comprehensive compliance support, patient education and other clinical interventions and communication with the patient/physician to coordinate the treatment plan. In addition, Axium offers 24-hour Pharmacist/Nurse support, prior authorization assistance, refill management calls, and ongoing delivery coordination. For more information, contact Axium Healthcare Pharmacy at 888.315.3395; by email info ( @ ) axiumhealthcare dot com