Array Networks Introduces First Gold-Certified IPv6 Application Delivery Controllers
64-bitAPV Series is the first ADC product to achieve rigorous IPv6 Forum gold-certification for essential application delivery requirement.
- (1888PressRelease) June 12, 2012 - MILPITAS, CA - Array Networks Inc., a global leader in application delivery networking, today announced the immediate availability of its IPv6 gold-certified APV Series application delivery controllers. Certified by the IPv6 Ready Logo Committee, Array's APV Series becomes the first application delivery controller to achieve this rigorous certification level for what is now an essential application delivery requirement.
Array's new IPv6-enabled and gold-certified solutions provide a flexible and seamless gateway capable of delivering IPv4 resources to IPv6 clients, delivering IPv6 resources to IPv4 clients, and enabling secure and efficient application delivery in pure IPv6 environments. Powered by Array's award winning SpeedCore™ platform and leveraging the latest in 64-bit multi-core processing technology, APV Series application delivery controllers support the performance and scalability to accommodate the larger address space of IPv6 and ensure compatibility with IPv4 systems.
In February 2011, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) announced that the supply of IPv4 addresses had been exhausted worldwide.A year later, it is increasingly urgent for service providers and enterprises to make the transition from IPv4 to IPv6; unfortunately, compatibility issues between IPv4 and IPv6, and the need for long term coexistence, pose significant challenges to the transition process.
"For application delivery vendors, it is not enough to simply support IPv6. It was important for Array to create a solution that would help our customers at every phase of their transition from IPv4 to IPv6," said Michael Zhao, CEO of Array Networks. "I'm very excited to announce the world's first gold-certified IPv6 application delivery controllers, and even more excited to offer our enterprise and service provider customers a solution that extracts the most out of IPv4 infrastructure, enables IPv4 and IPv6 coexistence and offers the scalability to support next-generation IPv6 networks."
To address IPv4 preservation, IPv4/IPv6 translation, IPv6 migration and native IPv6 deployments, APV Series application delivery controllers support a comprehensive suite of features and capabilities:
* For organizations needing a rapid IPv6 Web presence, server load balancing protocol translation (SLB-PT) transforms existing IPv4 Web sites into IPv6 compatible sites that greatly reduce the need for duplicate equipment, content and management
* For organization seeking to maximize depleted IPv4 resources, NAT and dual NAT (dual-stack IPv6) allow multiple clients to utilize a single IPv4 address
* For enterprises and service providers seeking to migrate to IPv6, Array's gold-certified solutions support both NAT64 and DNS64 to enableIPv6-only clients with to connect to IPv4 servers and content
* To ensure a consistent application experience across IPv4 and IPv6 clients and networks - and to enable fully-capable, next-generation solutions - IPv6 feature parity is supported for all Array APV Series application delivery controller products.
In support of World IPv6 Launch on June 6, 2012, this press release will be posted on the Array Website and will be accessible to both IPv6 and IPv4 clients using SLB-PT on Array APV Series application delivery controllers. Visitors using IPv6 clients will see a special entry form and be eligible for a chance to win a New iPad!
About Array Networks
Array Networks is a global leader in application, desktop and cloud service delivery with over 5000 worldwide customer deployments. Powered by award-winning SpeedCore™ software, Array solutions are recognized by leading enterprise, service provider and public sector organizations for unmatched performance and total value of ownership. Array is headquartered in Silicon Valley, is backed by over 300 employees worldwide and is a profitable company with strong investors, management and revenue growth. Poised to capitalize on explosive growth in the areas of mobile and cloud computing, analysts and thought leaders including Deloitte, Red Herring and Frost & Sullivan have recognized Array Networks for its technical innovation, operational excellence and market opportunity. To learn more, visit www.arraynetworks.com.