Apimac Introduces The All-New iDatabase, Database Manager For Mac And iPhone
Italy based Apimac today introduces iDatabase 1.0 for Mac OS X, their Mac version of iDatabase 3.2 for iOS. Designed to permit bi-directional syncing between computer and mobile device, iDatabase is a complete personal database management solution. Ideal for tracking membership lists, expenses, projects, Internet accounts, etc., the app includes 16 ready to use templates.
- (1888PressRelease) September 08, 2010 - Milan, Italy - Apimac.com today is pleased to introduce iDatabase 1.0 for Mac OS X, their Mac compatible version of the company's highly successful iDatabase 3.2 for iPhone/iPod touch application. Designed to permit wireless, bi-directional syncing between computer and mobile device, iDatabase is a complete personal database management solution. Ideal for tracking membership lists, expenses, projects, Internet accounts, etc., the app includes 16 ready to use templates such as Accounts, Contacts, Exercise Log, Recipes, and To Do. Drop and drag creation of custom templates is also supported.
Virtually identical in features, layout, and operation, iDatabase 1.0 for iOS and iDatabase 3.2 for Mac OS X complement each other to offer a personal database management solution both on the desktop and on the go. The clean, simplified GUI allows the user to begin using the app immediately, without instruction of any kind. Facilitating this ease of use is a built-in library of 16 templates: Accounts, Classes, Computers, Contacts, Customers, Events, Exercise Log, Expenses, Inventory, Movie Catalog, Membership List, Mobile Phones, Notes, Projects, Recipes, To Do, and Vehicle Maintenance.
For example, opening the Expenses template, a variety of text fields, number fields, and choose fields are already perfectly organized and ready for use. Editing or adding to these elements is a straightforward, drag and drop procedure. The topmost, title field is labeled Description and is accompanied by a single line, large type text field. Below that is Amount with a single line number field. Next is a choose field, Type (of expense), consisting of a drop down menu populated with the following choices: Car, Entertainment, Hotel, Meal, Tolls, Parking, Transportation, and Other. Clicking in the Date field brings up the current date in standard month/day/year numerical notation, and each may be edited or incremented. Next is Have Receipt accompanied by a simple Yes/No choice field, and then Reimbursed, Yes/No. Last, is a text box entitled Paid By, allowing the user to enter all the details pertaining to payment.
iDatabase combines simplicity with sophistication in its support of custom templates. The app allows the user to select from 10 different fields:
* Small Text Field stores letters, symbols, and numbers used as text in a single line without scrolling bar
* Large Text Field stores letters, symbols, and numbers used as text in a multi line of text with scrolling bar
* Number Field stores numbers
* Date Field stores dates
* Time Field stores time
* Date and Time Field stores a date and time together to reference a fixed point in calendar time
* Image Field stores images
* Item Picker Field presents a list of mutually exclusive choices
* Separator Field divides a record into distinct visual parts
* Calculation Field presents the result of an arithmetic operation between two or more number fields
Adding fields, labeling, and ordering them create custom templates. This is conveniently accomplished using the drop and drag procedure. Fields are easily moved, added, subtracted and modified, and fields which require the use of other fields (e.g., the Calculation Field), automatically notify the user of this when employed. iDatabase for Mac and iDatabase for iPhone can be synchronized via Wi-Fi. iDatabase supports Backup and Restore, Exporting and Importing of databases in .idatabase and .CSV formats (the iPhone version via the service online Dropbox). The .idatabase files preserve the complete content and structure of the database, including pictures.
"With the great success of iDatabase for iPhone, our affordable personal database management solution, it became clear that we needed to develop a companion app for Mac," stated company Senior Vice President Worldwide Product Marketing Gabriele Gobbo. "iDatabase 1.0 offers all the features and convenience of the original iPhone version on any Mac computer."
* US English, Italian
* Mac Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later (Snow Leopard compatible)
* iPhone/iPod touch Version: iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4 compatible)
* 8.3 MB OS X
* 1.2 MB iOS
iDatabase 3.2 for Mac is available for $29.00 (USD) from the Apimac Store. A fully enabled, free 8-day trial version is also available for download. iDatabase 1.0 for iOS is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available on request.