AnaSpec Offers Symmetric & Asymmetric Dimethylated Arginine in Histone Peptides Collection
Our peptides include sequences containing modified amino acids such as methylated (Me1, Me2 and Me3) Lysine; phosphorylated Threonine (pThr) or Serine (pSer); deiminated Arginine (Cit).
- (1888PressRelease) January 28, 2012 - AnaSpec, EGT Group offers one of the world's largest selections of Histone GOŽ (catalog) peptides. Our peptides include sequences containing modified amino acids such as methylated (Me1, Me2 and Me3) Lysine; phosphorylated Threonine (pThr) or Serine (pSer); deiminated Arginine (Cit). We also offer symmetric and asymmetric dimethylated Arginine (Me2s and Me2a) in addition to monomethylated Arginine (Me1).
Methylation of arginine residues are mediated by members of the protein arginine methyltransferases (PRMTs) family. PRMT type I adds asymmetrically dimethyl groups to arginine (ADMA), while type II add symmetrically dimethyl groups (SDMA). Type III adds monomethyl group to arginine.1 Type 1 PRMT, Coactivator-associated arginine methyltransferase 1 (CARM1), also known as PRMT4, methylates Histone 3 at R2, R17 and R26. CARM1 methylation of H3R17 activates transcription.2-4 PRMT5, which catalyzes H3R8 and H4R3 symmetric dimethylation leads to repression of gene expression, while PRMT1 asymmetric dimethylation of H4R3 is associated with gene activation.4, 5
AnaSpec, EGT Group is the sole provider of the industry's long wavelength HDAC assay kit, the SensoLyte 520 HDAC Activity Assay Kit. We also provide unusual amino acid building blocks such as Lys(Ac), Lys(Me1-3), Arg(Me2), pSer and pThr for histone peptide synthesis.
1. Bedford MT, et al. Mol Cell 18, 263 (2005).
2. Chen, D. et al. Science 284, 2174 (1999).
3. Ma, H. et al. Curr Biol 11, 1981 (2001).
4. Schurter, BT. et al. Biochem 40, 5747 (2001).
5. Pal, S. et al. Mol Cell Biol 24, 9630 (2004).
For more information, please visit http://www.anaspec.com/products/promotions.asp?col=2&row=2