AnaSpec Introduces SensoLyte(R) α-Synuclein ELISA Assay
The SensoLyteŽ α-Synuclein Quantitative ELISA Kit (Human/Mouse/Rat) provides a convenient and quantitative assay for determining α-Synuclein amount in cell and tissue lysate as well as in body fluids.
- (1888PressRelease) January 25, 2012 - AnaSpec, EGT Group is pleased to announce the release of an ultrasensitive ELISA assay for quantitatingα-synuclein. The SensoLyteŽ α-Synuclein Quantitative ELISA Kit (Human/Mouse/Rat) provides a convenient and quantitative assay for determining α-Synuclein amount in cell and tissue lysate as well as in body fluids. Compared to other anti-α-Synuclein ELISA kits on the market, this one-step, mix-and-read assay takes less time to run. HRP conjugated detection antibody is added simultaneously with the samples and standards during the assay, eliminating extra incubation and washing steps.
α-Synuclein is a major component of Lewy bodies found in affected neurons of patients with Parkinson's disease.1-4 This protein has a mass of 14.5 kDa (140 amino acids long) and consists of a conserved degenerative amino-terminal domain and an acidic carboxyl-terminal that has a higher sequence divergence.1-4 α-Synuclein is predominantly expressed in brain, specifically in cerebellum, thalamus, neocortex, hippocampus, and striatum regions.1-2 Other tissues also express α-Synuclein but at very low levels.1-4 The physiological role of α-Synuclein is not well understood. However, the presence of imperfect KTKEGV lipid interacting repeats suggests that it may be involved in synaptic vesicle homeostasis.3
For more information, please visit http://www.anaspec.com/products/promotions.asp?id=94&col=2&row=3
1. Rivers, R. et al. Protein Science 17, 887 (2008).
2. Bruening, W. et al. Cancer. 88, 2154 (2000).
3. George M. J. Genome Biology3, 1 (2001).
4. Latawiec, D. et al. PloS ONE 5, 1 (2010).