Amdocs Leads in Global Billing Market Share, Analyst Firm Reports
Amdocs wins two 2011 Stratecast Global Market Share Leadership Awards; one for rating, charging and other core billing, and the other for total (end-to-end) billing
- (1888PressRelease) March 08, 2012 - Amdocs (NYSE: DOX), the leading provider of customer experience systems, today announced that Stratecast| Frost & Sullivan has given Amdocs two Stratecast Global Market Share Leadership awards for 2011.By receiving these awards for rating, charging and other core billing*, and for total billing, Amdocs is recognized for its excellence in capturing the highest revenue market share for each respective category within the global communications industry.
Leading analyst firm, Stratecast named Amdocs as the top vendor in the "rating and charging and other core billing"domain with arevenue-based market share of 19.7 percent. According to Stratecast, this domain is growing in importance in the communications market and currently represents 70 percent of the global, end-to-end billing market. Amdocs was also named the leading vendor in revenue market share for the overall billing market, which in addition to rating and charging and other core billing, includes the mediation, policy management, interconnect and settlements and partner management segments.
According to Stratecast, the key drivers behindAmdocs' success are:
• Strength of billing product line, with the Amdocs CES(customer experience systems) portfoliocovering all components of end-to-end billing
• Significantongoing, year-over-year investment in research and development
• Strength of professional services
• Focus on the communications marketplace, with annual revenues of approximately $3 billion making Amdocs the industry's largest supplier
"We are convinced that Amdocs will remain a leading global supplier of billing software and services for communications services providers for the foreseeable future," said Karl Whitelock, director OSS/BSS strategy at Stratecast. "Amdocs is constantly demonstrating its ability to anticipate and meet market needs which contributes to its high market share. An example is the acquisition of Bridgewater Systems which, according to our analysis, positions Amdocs as a leading vendor in the policy management and data monetization domain."
Another example of Amdocs' product strength is the company's convergent charging product, based on Amdocs' innovative turbo-charging technology. According to Stratecast's research, this technology provides unmatched performance levels and scalability, while reducing hardware and software costs to cost-effectively support growing numbers of subscribers and events.
"Our leading product portfolio together with our experience in providing a wide range of professional services such as consulting, implementation, system integration, ongoing support, maintenance and managed services to the communications industry over a period of 30 years has given us deep insight into what service providers need to succeed," said Rebecca Prudhomme, vice president of product and solutions marketing at Amdocs. "The innovative solutions that drive our product roadmap are the result of our high investment in R&D and the insights we gain through the successful deployment of hundreds of complex, large-scale projects."
The Stratecast analysis covers revenues from license and professional services fees, including installation, maintenance, service bureau, cloud and managed services. The analysis is based on billing vendor and service provider interviews, responses to a direct market questionnaire, information from public sources, and raw market data.
Amdocs' billing solutions support some of the world's leading service providers including AT&T (US), Comcast(US), Rogers Communications Inc. (Canada), Vodafone Netherlands, Elisa (Finland), XL Axiata (Indonesia)and FarEasTone (Taiwan).
* Included are accounts receivable, collections, bill presentment, voucher and replenishment management.