Agroaxis will create a Technological Centre of Bio-Pharmatheutic vegetable garden
Is the first business initiative known in national and European level where vertical greenhouses of hydroponic culture are used for the production of plants rich in nutraceutics and therapeutic proteins through high add value biotechnology techniques.
- (1888PressRelease) July 25, 2011 - Agroaxis is a young SME located in "Parque CientíficoTecnológico Agroindustrial Jerez" in Cádiz, Andalusia, Spain. Agroaxis mission is to research, develop, produce and commercialize products and services through molecular biology and industrial microbiology which will invest more that 6 M€.
The innovative concept, which will be developed by the SME, stems from the innovative genomic activities and commercialization of a new greenhouses concept: the vertical greenhouses.
Agroaxis general goals are:
• Conventional vegetables species production for alimentary using vertical greenhouses and rich in nutraceutic products: Vertical Greenhouse Fooding-VGF®. VGF® is a cutting- edge agriculture, a new conception and development of high add value agriculture production which allows the production inside the cities and in a controlled media opening a world of agrobiotechnology possibilities.
• Biopharmaceutical production and enzyme of alimentary use in vertical greenhouses: Vertical Greenhouse Pharming-VGP®, using transgenic and non transgenic vegetable species. Through this system the bioreactor is replaced (Vertical Greenhouse Pharming-VGP). The use of the genomic will allow us to produce high add value like therapeutic proteins. The design of the vertical greenhouses will culture transgenic plants and cell culture inside a controlled environmental.
• Technical Dossier Elaboration including architect design according to the needs and responsible of the vertical greenhouses architectural design, sustainability and innovative.
For the execution of the project we will create two centres:
Technological Centre activity located in "Parque Científico Tecnológico Agroindustrial Jerez" (PCTA), Cádiz, focused in defining the engineering design bases and the commercialization of this products and services.
Creation of the Technological Centre of Bio-Pharmaceutic Vegetable Garden;
- Specialized in transgenic plant culture, producer of therapeutic proteins and nutraceutic as an associated centre to the Technological Park
- Specialized in develop the construction franchise of the vertical greenhouses for standard vegetable plants.
The implementation of this new concept is based in the technology approved by Curaxys, SME specialized in biosimilar production, New Growing Systems, specialized in hydroponic culture and Hera Holding, focused in renewable energy management. The project is supported by the collaboration of Universidad de Cádiz (Cádiz University), the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (the Superior Council of Scientific Research in Spain), Universidad de Santiago de Compostela (Santiago de Compostela University) and RLP AgroScience GmbH (AlPlanta-Institute for Plant Research, in Germany.
For more information please contact:
Communication & Marketing Manager: Paula Esteban del Río
Mobile: +34 609834996
Email: pesteban ( @ ) agraoxis dot com